scale-less corn snakes.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaleless snakes can't be fed live rats or mice incase they get bitten, as they have no protection from scales

Scaleless snakes can't be fed live rats or mice incase they get bitten, as they have no protection from scales

No snake should be fed live rats or mice, for the same reason :rolleyes:

Yep a few speicies are scaless i watch snakebytestv on youtube and they show em abit aswell

im not to sure about scaleless yet, could grow on me but a bit on the errrr side atm, this months s&t was good but

Not just corns that have this morph...

WeirdSnake.jpg

lol looks like one of those inside out cats

I think you will find that scaless animals need to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated. I was sceptical about them as well until I saw a scaless death adder and was amazed at how awesome it was.

I think the scale less adders are crap. I saw them in the flesh for the first time roughly 7 years ago and still think they are rubbish.

Shane hit the nail on the head I think. The old saying rings true here ; One mans trash is another mans treasure!

I think the scale less adders are crap. I saw them in the flesh for the first time roughly 7 years ago and still think they are rubbish.

Shane hit the nail on the head I think. The old saying rings true here ; One mans trash is another mans treasure!

That last part is too true... I think the scaleless adders are absolutely drop-dead stunners! :D

Re corn snakes, I love the scaleless look, but less the odd remaining scales. There are scaleless mutations of texas rat snakes, probably others too.

What do scaleless snakes feel like? I imagine not many people handle their death adders but with corns etc. I'm imagining something like a smooth gecko?

What do scaleless snakes feel like? I imagine not many people handle their death adders but with corns etc. I'm imagining something like a smooth gecko?

Like a bag of loose skin? Lol. Maybe like a gecko that has lost a bit of weight?

I'd almost go so far as to get my ven licence to get some of those adders, whether I could touch them or not :)

Lmao. Go back into your cave of narrowmindedness. Fair enough if you don't like them, but there is no need to craap on like a 2yr old.
That old saying is true and sometimes ppl don't realise the treasures they had till it is too late.

Scales or scaleless we ALL have our different opionions,personally IMO snakes are meant to have scales,so why breed them without any.They dont appeal to me in the slightest,apparently the Yanks love the scaleless corns and Brian paid a fortune for some pairs in which he has breed for a few seasons now.They are a newish craze and you;ld be amazed on how many people like them.

Scales or scaleless we ALL have our different opionions,personally IMO snakes are meant to have scales,so why breed them without any.They dont appeal to me in the slightest,apparently the Yanks love the scaleless corns and Brian paid a fortune for some pairs in which he has breed for a few seasons now.They are a newish craze and you;ld be amazed on how many people like them.

Exactly pythons73, we all have different opinions on everything, it is what makes this world so great. However I cannot understand the need call things crap and rubbish, fair enough if you don't like them, then say so in a not so offensive way, like, I really don't like the scaless adders, have seen them and they don't really do anything for me. Not that hard really. It is like watching a TV show and then complaining to the station how much you hate it.:? I mean, ffs, change the channel if you don't like it.

all i can think of is fashion when i see scaleless herps. good use for mutants!

i like them

310 Million years ago the first reptiles left the water and evolved scales to protect them from the elements and to hold in moisture. In the last couple of years, people have taken a mutation that would not have survived the wild and tried to perfect it. I have to ask about the reptiles immune system that has been evolving for 310 million years to be protected by tough scales and not porous skin. I've also got to ask about wear on the skin under the snake and whether they can get a proper grip for movement without gripping scales.
On saying that I think they look like a cat with no fur....not for me but each to their own.
Things like these always remind me of a line from Jurassic Park....Just because we CAN do something doesn't necessarily mean we SHOULD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back