Scales & Tails Australia Issue 16 - Sent to Subscribers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that all Subscriber copies have been posted over the last couple of days, so if you are a subsciber yours should arrive any day now. All overseas subscriber's copies have also been posted.

Newsagencies will start receiving their copies as follows:
04/03/11 Qld
07/03/11 NSW, Vic
09/03/11 SA, WA

Here's some highlights from this issue:

Main Article/ Cover shot/ Poster : Albino Adders by John (Sdaji) Deutscher
A house should be a home by Brad Walker - Enhancement and enrichment article on ways to encourage your reptiles to remain active and stimulated.
Shining some light on Dystocia by Dr Tim Portas
Beutiful Baritjis by James Wheatus
Caring for your new baby snake by Nikki
Hognosed Heaven by Brian Barczyk
Reptiles..... there is now such thing? (Part 2) by Dustin Welbourne
Interview with a keeper - this time we chat with Brian Barnett
The Iron Chef.... Michael Cermak shares with us a selection of culinary delights
Out & about - Crocosaurus Cove with Steve Bullock
Extracts from the Archaic Archives.... A new column introduced by Neville Burns
Close Encounter - a funny true story by Neville Burns

I've had many emails requesting the name of the winner of the RPM/JAG which was offered last issue by Austmorelias. I'm happy to announce that the winner was Ian Davidson from Central Qld. Congratulations Ian. Hopefully the team from Austmorelias have been in touch with you already to make arrangements for you to receive your prize.

In my opinion this issue is absolutely fabulous..... If somehow you can't find a copy, please get in touch with me and I'll steer you in the right direction.

cheers
Joy

Last edited:
Sounds like a good read as always Joy, can't wait to pick up a copy.

As for the competition, congrats to Ian Davidson!

Be sure to post up some pics of the prize when you get it mate.

We got ours on Wednesday :D

Another top effort!

Just got mine in the mail today, thanks Joy and the team! :)

Yes, another excellent edition, as usual! (only had a chance to look at the pretty pictures so far, will read it when we get back from holiday!)

Many thanks to all involved, once again!

Best,
Carolyn

Winners are Grinners

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Winners are Grinners....:D:D:D:D
Yes thanks very much to Austmorelias & Scales & Tails for running the competition.

Ian received his magazine yesterday arvo in the mail & as usual quicky flicked throught it to see was there,bypassing the announcement of the comp as we never win anything. When he decided to read who won, he was very shocked to see his name as the winner & had to read a second time to make sure. He rang me at work to tell me, but I thought he was just joking untill I read it when I got home.

In our lifetime we have never won much at all. So this is a big surprise to us, & we are very sure that there is a lot of others out that wish they had won.
The snake will certianly find a good home here.
Once again thanks for the oportunity.

We will post a photo of the snake & the proud winner when the time comes.
Also to Joy at Scales & Tails.

Thanks Again
Ian & Paula Davidson.:):)

congrats Paula and Ian, i cant wait to pick up a copy at the newsagent on Monday, hopefully they will have a copy in stock seeing as they only get a total of 2 copies .

Excellent, Is Brian Barczyk a regular contributor now? :)

Yes, he has been since July last year..... Nearly 12 months now.... How time flies..... His articles are great aren't they? Love the pics by Aaron Jones that always accompany his articles too.

cheers
Joy

congrats Paula and Ian, i cant wait to pick up a copy at the newsagent on Monday, hopefully they will have a copy in stock seeing as they only get a total of 2 copies .

Which newsagency is that Sarah? I'll get Gordon & Gotch to send them more.
cheers
Joy

Can't wait til it hits the newsagents, I reckon the albino adders article will be worth the cover price alone.

Can't wait til it hits the newsagents, I reckon the albino adders article will be worth the cover price alone.

I disagree. There was an article in one of the last Reptiles Australia magazines on them. Same author, heck, even that issue's poster was an albino adder! Just hope there's enough on them so recently to warrant another large article on them.
What I am looking forward to however, is the article on Baritji monitors by James WATKINS, and the article by Brad Walker on reptile enrichment- something I think a lot of hobbyists overlook. I really wanna see Crocosaurus Cove too!
Keep up the good work guys!

yipeeeeeeee,have been waiting now just have to keep an eye out for it.

hey JOY do you think that Scales & Tails will bring out binders for all the great mags like reptiles australia did??????????.

yipeeeeeeee,have been waiting now just have to keep an eye out for it.

hey JOY do you think that Scales & Tails will bring out binders for all the great mags like reptiles australia did??????????.

We sure will be Krusty. Very soon!
cheers
Joy

sounds like a good read,will hit the newsagents next week then

oh and perhaps the new article on albino adders is an update on how the project is going ,i like the variety,and its also good to see updates on things like the past,even if it was in another mag,the lace monitor triplet update in a previous issue is a good example,keep up the good work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back