seperating mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
One of my female mice is starting to look quite fat. Just wondering (as this will be my first litter) if it is best to seperate the female from the others?

and are there any tricks or hints i should know to make it all go smoothly?

thanks

saikrett, rodents come on heat immediately after giving birth.
If you leave her with the male she will fall pregnant again.
I seperate mine to give the poor girls at least one cycle's break!
Also males/other mice may eat the babies, if you seperate her and the babies get eaten you know it is her and to feed her off.
beleive me, after breeding your rodents for another 6 months or so, you will see your post as amusing! lol dont worry too much about them - they are food.

We don't separate ours at all. They are there to breed snake snacks!! Sometimes, we might separate some of the female ratties if the guys are giving em a hard time after birth!. Cheers Cheryl

i keep my rodents in groups of three,1male 2fem and i dont separate them and they get along fine,usually the females share feeding duties,on occasion you may get an over protective male or an aggressive male ,this is when you mite want to separate them or feed him to your reptile

Well swampie, that's our biz, we don't have any Reptiles as yet, just supply food to those of you that keep/breed em eh? Only a hobby biz at the moment, but would like to expand if the local Council and the EPA would let us?? Cheers Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back