Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Why is it so hard to get pure Diamonds. I got these today, they are so not pure. The add was on RDU and he showed me pics of the parents but the hatchies look nothing like them!!! The first pic is the mum, the second is dad the next 2 are the male hatchy then 1 more of the female hatchy. Is this a joke or what??? Please add any comments you like, I want to hear evryones opinion.

Attachments

• Mother_008 (Large).jpg
    Mother_008 (Large).jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Snake_Father_004 (Large).jpg
    Snake_Father_004 (Large).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_6787 (Large).jpg
    100_6787 (Large).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_6788 (Large).jpg
    100_6788 (Large).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_6789 (Large).jpg
    100_6789 (Large).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 291
Shed once hatched 24/1/07. I just am not impressed with the stripes. I know the colours take about a year to come out. But the stripes won't turn into Diamond shaped rosettes.

looks like there crossed with a jungle or carpet or somthing

the male looks 50/50 jungle/DP... female a bit more pure DP maybe 75/25 DP/Jungle...?JMO

Why is it so hard to get pure Diamonds. I got these today, they are so not pure. The add was on RDU and he showed me pics of the parents but the hatchies look nothing like them!!! The first pic is the mum, the second is dad the next 2 are the male hatchy then 1 more of the female hatchy. Is this a joke or what??? Please add any comments you like, I want to hear evryones opinion.

Wow.

My Sitara looked pretty much like she looks today. A slightly less yellow maybe but still the same.

I think you had best talk to the "breeder".

IsK

Last edited:
Wow.

My Sitara looked pretty much like she looks today. A slightly less yellow maybe but still the same.

I think you had best talk to the "breeder".

IsK

who'd you get her from, quite nice.

how much did you pay Adam (if you don't mind me asking)?

Are you selling slither????? I paid $275 each for them. I am devistated!!! Now I have 5 halfbreeds that are useless to me!!!!

Adam, i think the answer is even simpler than that. the parent pics are diamonds, but there not the parents of your bubs, that much is obvious as you say, there stripped. what you have there looks almost identical to my beautiful intergrade diamond (x) carpets at the same age.
they will turn out to be stunning animals in their own right, but pure diamond they are not!! (imho)

Ive seen that 2nd Pic a few times around..

They MAY just be locality specimens such as a Port Mac for example, Taree etc etc which would explain the more carpet rosettes but the high yellow colour.

Some people call carpets from those areas Diamonds. Some Hybrids, crosses, intergrades, port macs, what next!

Theyre not completely useless. Were you looking to breed down the track? If your so unhappy, try contacting the breeder, or sell them. Someone out there, will be wanting a pet snake, and wont care if its a cross. As a pet i wouldnt :). Id offer you a price for the lot lol. Theyre your options!

$275 each, oh hunny you got ripped BIG time.
At least when i bought my inter's i knew what they were and paid accordingly.

Yeah I know I got ripped, this is why I am so annoyed!!! I got a pair off kiltboy for $100 each and I KNEW they were crosses, they were bought as pets not breeders, I told this guy I wanted to breed them. The thing is now I am stuck with them for 6 months!!!! I don't even want to look at them!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back