She makes me jump at every feed lol.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feed my woma once a month now and he gets very food orientated come feeding time. Anyway I had had a couple of social drinks with some friends so I was quite relaxed. I had the rat but Sheldon was in his hide with no head showing, I tapped the rat onto entrance of the hide a couple of times and then turned to my mate to explain that when Sheldon smells it he will be out to smash the rat. As I turned I must have moved the rat away from the hide to nearly out of the enclosure door, the look on my mates face suggested that something was happening. As I turned back I noticed the rat near the entrance of the enclosure and Sheldon flying out of the hide at top speed with his mouth wide open. I slightly pooed my pants as I was caught slightly unaware.
I run a b&b so I'm often doing a show & tell to non-herp people while feeding my snakes. Still can't help but flinch when they're quick though - especially when coming out of the cooler months and they're getting hungrier/more active, but even so, it's a bit hard to predict how enthusiastic they'll be. It's kinda funny though because when I flinch, my guests flinch even more :p

One time I went to feed my MD, he was coiled up in a pile so I couldn't see his head. He looked like he was resting as he'd been coiled for hours. I assumed he would smell his food anyway so stuck the tongs in... he launched out of the coil and scared the poo out of me! This caused me to pull the rat back a bit, which meant he missed the rat and and there was an audible thud as his mouth snapped closed :/ Got it all on video too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back