Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xr620

Reaction score
i have a 9" coastal carpet python he started shedding a week and a half ago and he is having trouble getting the middle top half of his scales off he has not done this before is this normal.

Soak in warm water for 20 minutes. If need be gently splash the water onto its back if its back wont submerge. After 20 mins gently start rubbing the skin off in a backwards motion.

If what Serpenttongue says doesn't work straight away, just do it again the next day, however it should come off easily by following STs advice.

Just for your info there is also A solution you can add to the water to assist with the shedding.... This may also help a Tad..... One of my snakes when they were smaller only shed half their length, I used this solution and then sat them on a towel...draping another over them.... Their gentle slide through the toweling was enough to gently rub ofF the skin.... DO NOT RUB/PULL OFF THE SKIN YOURSELF.....

You could aslo try rubbing Sorbalene cream into after you have soaked him.
I was told to do this by Rob Johnson (vet) to my old childreni that used to have the same issue, worked a treat, usually took a few goes but worked really well.

Jonno

Thought i might add to this discussion instead of starting another one on the same topic, my Darwin carpet python after hislast shed had troubles getting the scales of the top of his head, any ideas on how to help him get them of? Same as above or different for the head, and may sound stupid but how do you make them soak in the water? He rarely goes in his water bowl even though it is big enough for him, thanks in advance for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back