shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTono

Not so new Member
Reaction score
how often do coastal carpets shedd their skin, mine is 5 months old and ive had it for 2 months, when i bought it the bloke said it is nearly ready to shedd but no signs yet
thnx all Tono

Depends on how much it is fed, and how large the meals are but i have hatchlings/juveniles that may go 8 weeks between sheds. If the guy knew for sure that it was going to shed at the time of purchase then it definately should have shed within 2 weeks of you buying it. If it has a stuck shed then it will most likely feel dry with abnormal skin folds where there shouldn't be any. By now it would be too late to soak it as the oils would have cleared up and the skin would have stuck back onto the snake like glue. You can have a try soaking it but you may have to wait until it goes into another shed and make sure it comes off (both skins, that is). Believe it or not, but i've had snakes not shed there skin because they've been too nervous to leave there box to get it off, even during the night!!

Of course there's always the chance that the seller was wrong and the snake wasn't getting ready to shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back