Shingleback colour change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olia22

Reaction score
Hello,

We've had our male shingleback for almost a year now, feb of 2011. He is approx 5 years old, is still eating, and not sneezing and does not have mucus around the nose/mouth. He is brown, with gold and white speckles. The gold runs along his back in stripes and is around his face/mouth. Two days ago his gold changed into a light pink colour, now its nearly white. So he now looks white and brown. He has not shed the entire time we've had him. So I'm wondering if he is changing colour because he is about to shed off the old skin? Has anyone else with Shinglebacks had this happen to them? I'm concerned this is something more serious, if so I will be taking him to the vet on wed. Diet/Heat has not changed since we have gotten him. And we try to take him out once a week for 30mins to an hour to get some sun.

Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Agreed. He is certainly due for one. Nothing to be concerned about at this stage. Just make sure all the skin comes off each digit, bcause it can be retained there and result in eventual auto-amputation.

Blue

Just wanted to say thank you. He shed today. (= Still had a little on his belly and his toes, I put him in a few mm of warm water and gently worked it off.

You have done well! Next time you will be in the know and not concerned. A little extra moisture via misting can help. It is all part of the learning curve. You are to be commended for not just assuming and seeking out affirmation of your suspcions. That is the hallmark of a responsible and caring keeper! Good on you Olia.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back