Shinglebacks and Bluies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we keep our two in that size, but the shingleback takes up half of all available space when she decides to get out of bed! But then we let them out in the loungeroom heaps so they don't mind :)

yeah it migh be a little bit tight for them, because i keep my eastern in a tank that size,
he seems fine in there but i proberly wouldnt want to get another one in there because it might be a little bit tight,
but mayby you could build a cheap lizard pit out side and keep the in there for the day, and bring them in at night.
cheers cam.

yeh that is a nice idea cam, mum probably wouldnt let me build one lol, dad would love to but mums the boss lol.
they are going to be out most of the day anyway, except when i am at school, but mum might get them out for a bit while im at school
oonly the really time they will be in the enclosure is at night and in the mornings.
Jordan

You could get one built, or build one?
since you don't need the height for blue tongues so it would hypothetically be cheaper than normal enclosures?

Just keep that in mind when you're looking at enclosures too :) why pay for height you wont use!

I can only get the Shingleback now anyway so just sticking with that thanks guys for all your opinions appreciated :)

You can use a reasonable size rectangular plastic container instead of a pit. I have seen one used but am not sure where it came from. It could have been a mini sandpit for kids, or pond for fish or ???. My mate had a cut a piece of reinforcing mesh to put over the top. That was purely to keep other animal out. He covered half in shade and it got 4 or 5 hours sun per day. On rainy days (no many in Perth) he’d put it under the overhang of the shed roof, in a sheltered spot protected from the wind. Late last year he came out one morning to discover he four bobtails (shinglebacks) instead of two.

Having said all that, there is nothing more satisfying that watching your lizards roam around or bask in a well landscaped and planted pit. Magic!

Blue

I've been looking at the colorbond raised garden beds that they sell at Bunnings..hmmmmm:|..with a bit of weldmesh to keep the other animals out it might make the perfect blue tongue pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back