:shock: HAS ANYONE SEEN THE BLACK MAMBA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SLACkra, yeah the mamba would probably catch me, but it's only cause i smoke.
ssssnakeman, nice pics, that's a real nice snake.
(I didn't really want the taipan to eat the black mamba by the way.)

what about 2 years ago herpshop had the first tiger X python, the first venomous python awwwh coool. LOL

think what slackra is getting at is the black mumba has been clocked at 20kms per/hr. this is only a short distance though. If most of us were running for our life, i think it would be a lot faster then that lol :)

I thought taipans were known to chase ? anyone had a taipan chase them ?
Ive got a book here on australian snakes & it just says if cornered it will readily defend itself..........which doesnt sound very aggressive to me because most animals would, anyone had any experince with wild taipans ?

SLACkra said:
black mambas are amazing. they can out run most humans. fast, venomous and highly aggresive what more could you want?

andrew
screwloose.gif
:wink:

Kris had to relocate a wild Coastal Taipan once. I don't know that I'd call it particularly aggressive since the woman who called him to come get it had already picked it up thinking it was a rubber snake. She said it wriggled so she dropped it and it crawled straight under her couch.

But that was one isolated incident, I wouldn't expect they'd all be like that.

Ask any beer drinking Australian male and they will tell you that they've been chased by Taipans quite often (even in Melbourne :wink: ). The fact is that they are an extremely shy (and smart) snake in the wild, and in the vast majority of cases a Taipan will hear you coming and leave the area and you'd never even know there had been one there. If you corner them, however, they will defend themselves because they see whoever is cornering them as a predator (well duh!).

I've seen one wild taipan, an inland, also known as the fierce snake. It took one look at me and bolted. Many creatures and people do the same.

I was photographing a small-eyed snake (SES) when spotted by some tourists. SES often sit coiled up and partly covered by leaves. I would carefully remove a leaf and photo the snake. The tourists had to watch, full credit, they stayed a respectable distance and were quite and still. I warned them that the SES would eventually bolt. When, as predicted, it did, it went straight towards one bloke who turned and ran. I'm sure he still dines out on that story, chased by a black snake.

I've a feeling you're right :shock:

I often wonder if Taipans don't bother with chasing and aggression because they know they really don't HAVE to expend much energy to mess you up :roll: Our inland is extremely inquisitive but has never displayed fear or aggression. Captive bred obviously, so that's different. But she usually just looks at you as though you're a particularly annoying servant.

last year i got "chased" by a tiger snake, fair enough it was breeding time and i was catching his mate,and wrecking their lovenest,whis was a bunch of pallets that had been sitting for years and had grass and weeds holdin it all to gether ,but he came at me, i stepped back and he came again, and again, and again , quite quickly to , he wasnt mucking aroundand wanted to bite me bad. im sure he wouldnt have been so persistent if i wasnt threatening them at this particular time,at this particular place,,so i played it out to see how far he would go..i gave up and bagged him or id still be there now..
baz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back