should i be worried??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukz13

Reaction score
Hey
ok so i just drove an hour with my mate to pick up what the girl told me a 13 year old 7 ft diamond python now when i got to her house she said 'i have had him in this pillow case for a month now' which i thought wow thats a long time not that good bit weird, but anyway so we got him home weighed him and he is 2.3kgs i thought at that age he would be bigger am i wrong he looks very skinny?? and doesnt really look 100% healthy just curious as to what ur thoughts are???

Quarantine quarantine quarantine! Lesson learnt...if you ever encounter a dodgy situation like that again, just walk away...

Why on earth did she have the snake in a pillow case for a month?

I hope you care for it better than that!

I would have reported her to the RSPCA!

Take it to a vet to get a poo test done for worms etc. and a general health check.

russian.gif

lol so there is people out there still brumating their snakes in stupid ways

Could it be wild caught ???

Thats what im thinking!
Did she have any sort of enclosure etc for it?
Did you ask her questions about whats it feeds on, when was the last feed, shed,if it has been bred before etc?
Did you see her actual licence????

Dont under any circumstances put that snake anywhere near you others and
dont handle it before your others either!
Yes it is underweight for its size and age

Also, quarantine him.
Keep him warm, give him a hide in the hot and cool end (id put the hot one under the light) give him time to settle in then offer him a feed.
Don't stress if he doesn't take it first time.
Monitor him!
When you say hes skinny, can you see ribs or backbone?
Any mites?
Pics would be good if possible.

I see from your other posts you were asking about breeding a 13 yr old diamond, i don't think it would be wise to put him with another female this season until he has more a bit more weight on him, and has been quarantined for a period of time

well yes i was disgusted and very shocked i know i probz should of walked away but i felt sorry 4 him and he is a gorjuz friendly snake and yer just felt like gettin him away from her, i came home gave him a bath because he was greasy and im guessing has been sitting in his own pee i checked for mites couldnt see any she said she has been cooling him and havent feed him in 3 months i have him in a great cosy enclosure he seems to like it. She also said it has bred but well dunno what to beleive really i have thought maybe wild caught but i jus dont know he is really friendly and just wanted to get out of the pillow case for some attention i think. I will try get some pics up soon. I cant beleive people do that it i feel like putting her in a pillow case for a month and let her sit in her own pee.

cheers for the help people..

Sounds as though it has been sitting in a pillow case since the day it was captured. Ring DEC/NPWS and ask them to check out the license info you were given, as it may very well be off license. Was this deal initiated through Petlink by any chance?

How anyone could do anything to a animal like that!!! :shock: :x I was filled with anger at the ignorance of the person and sadness for the python! (And I'm being nice :evil: ) Even a newbe like me knows better than this. (I am determined to learn as much as I can before even thinking about getting my first snake.)

It good to have people like you dukyboi who care so much about animals that they do all they can to help. Good on you! :D :D I hope the python makes a full recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back