show me ya blueys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to know the answer to that also as i have 11 that i need to find homes for .... i think easterns (which i have) are harder to get rid of compared to northerns, blotchies or centralians ...

correct me if i'm wrong ppl

l don't think Eatern Blue-Tongue's a hard to get rid of, it all depends on the number available at the time, l know a mate of mine from Darwin still has 6 out of 10 juvenile Darwin Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's available, he told me yesterday he has had no replies to his ads for them, l myself have 4 Kimberley Phase and 2 Darwin Phase juvenile Northern Blue-Tongue's available, but l'm also not getting many replies to my ads.
l put it down to the world economy where people a not spending their money on things they don't really need in the home, until they know if they a likely to keep there job and see a better future in the economy.

Ah thats interesting to know. I'll swap you a couple of my easterns for a couple of your northerns :p

Thanks for the offer Azzajay77, but l'm not really that interested in getting hold of Eastern Blue-Tongue's, l use to keep plenty of them as a child, these days l would much prefer to keep the Darwin and Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's, and they are worth alot more money than Eastern Blue-Tongue's.

l don't think Eatern Blue-Tongue's a hard to get rid of, it all depends on the number available at the time, l know a mate of mine from Darwin still has 6 out of 10 juvenile Darwin Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's available, he told me yesterday he has had no replies to his ads for them, l myself have 4 Kimberley Phase and 2 Darwin Phase juvenile Northern Blue-Tongue's available, but l'm also not getting many replies to my ads.
l put it down to the world economy where people a not spending their money on things they don't really need in the home, until they know if they a likely to keep there job and see a better future in the economy.

I see. I was thinking in the future getting a pair of nice blueys for breeding (seen as they are live bearing it seems easier) but i wouldn't want to be stuck with young i couldn't move on.

Thanks for the offer Azzajay77, but l'm not really that interested in getting hold of Eastern Blue-Tongue's, l use to keep plenty of them as a child, these days l would much prefer to keep the Darwin and Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue's, and they are worth alot more money than Eastern Blue-Tongue's.

No worries i understand. If i can sell my little guys i might be in a position to have a look at what you have to offer.

Here's some of my gang, I've posted these a while back. Steve Bullock took some nice updated photos of them all late last year.
DSC01634.jpg
DSC01637.jpg
northern1.jpg
alpine2.jpg
centalians1-1.jpg
westernsgroup.jpg

Have kept them in pairs or trios in 2x4 foot enclosures. Now they are all in a 6x4 foot indoor pit.

i'll take some more pics tomorrow. want to take some more of my female and might also get some more of my babies ..

hey, what do people think of these as a first lizard for young boy?? a friend is looking at getting one for her son and as i have only had beardies don't have much of an idea with the blueys. just thought maybe they are not as flighty as beardies??

hey, what do people think of these as a first lizard for young boy?? a friend is looking at getting one for her son and as i have only had beardies don't have much of an idea with the blueys. just thought maybe they are not as flighty as beardies??

I reckon they'd be good as a 1st lizard, blueys are pretty much bullet proof :p. But i think like everything else, each lizard is different when it comes to being handled. Just make sure you see the blueys in person and pick out one that is more laid back and it should be good.

yeah they are new to this so i will prob help them pick one out, im trying to find a breeder with hatchies in cairns but not having to much luck with it!! do they run fast?? i know my centrals take off at a huge speed if they want to!! also whats a hatchie like to handle and look after?? centrals seem to be a bit flighty at start but settle down, is it much the same?? care wise i imagine would be the same as centrals?? thanks for the help!!

re show

Few pics of blotchys ive posted before,taken with a little easyshare,ive got a new SLR that ime trying out now so ile get some more later,great looking lizards in this thread guys.

Last edited:
yeah they are new to this so i will prob help them pick one out, im trying to find a breeder with hatchies in cairns but not having to much luck with it!! do they run fast?? i know my centrals take off at a huge speed if they want to!! also whats a hatchie like to handle and look after?? centrals seem to be a bit flighty at start but settle down, is it much the same?? care wise i imagine would be the same as centrals?? thanks for the help!!

I would say that blue hatchies have nothing over beardie hatchies. They're a lot quicker than the adult blueys but they aren't that fast. I wouldn't be putting any hatchie down outside anyway but i still think that they'd be easier to handle. My step daughter (12) had two bluey babies in her open palms today outside and they were happy to crawl from palm to palm. I had my baby beardie in my open palm when i first got him and cuz they are so skittish had it jump out of my hand and onto the floor :eek:

blu,eys are great as a first reptile,nice alpines zulu,there not hard to move on if your lucky enough to breed them,depending on what u charge for them anyways,i keep 4 centralians together in a 6x2x2 enclosure,theres ample room for them,tiliqua your indoor pitt sounds like a good idea,i was thinking of doing that with mine and the westerns and northerns to

how much

hey all does anyone no how much a pair of westerns and centralian would cost?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back