show me ya blueys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
midnightserval,
The adult Eastern Blue-Tongue you found in your kitchen, sure as beautiful color and markings and it looks like a female from what l can see wish she was mine.

Here you can see my new adult male Kimberley Phase Northern Blue-Tongue from Kununurra WA which l only got hold of on Tuesday 27th of January 2009, and he his unrelated to all my adult females from Broome-Prince Regent-Kununurra Western Australia and will be a perfect male for future breeding with all my females from the Kimberley Region.
l was so lucky to get hold of him for as little as $100-00 Dollars, the seller told me he wanting him to go to me, because he new our good l was at breeding these Bluey's, and l already had some from the Kimberley Region, where he could not get hold of a unrelated female from the same area.

Last edited:
My male and female out and about today...

Male on left female on the right

The enemy

Female

Male with food on his nose

Female

Attachments

• IMGP3032.JPG
    IMGP3032.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMGP3017.JPG
    IMGP3017.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMGP3048.JPG
    IMGP3048.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMGP3036.JPG
    IMGP3036.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGP3040.JPG
    IMGP3040.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 38
Some of my eastern babies ... week old.

Attachments

• IMGP3077.jpg
    IMGP3077.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMGP3072.jpg
    IMGP3072.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 56
  • IMGP3069.jpg
    IMGP3069.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP3067.jpg
    IMGP3067.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP3060.jpg
    IMGP3060.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 43
Wow that one on the left is massive.

You keep them outside ?

On the subject on Blueys, Has any Eastern Bluey keepers noticed or experienced colour change within their chargers?
Ok maybe you'll get an idea after I tell me story on what I mean. When I was young living on the outskirts of melb I kept a few blueys in an outdoor pit, most of the blueys were from the western suburbs and were generally brown all overall etc etc. While holidaying up around mittagong I caught a few bluey with that silvery colouring, after a few years of being kept in melb these blueys gradually changed into the colouring of the others, that general brownish colour. Has anyone else experienced this at all?

I paired up my boy Rhubarb with his first girl yesterday. Probably too late in the season but I figured I'd give it a go anyway. He was certainly interested, hopefully it will at least give him some practice for next season, hehehe!

fem1andalbinopairedup3001weighting4.jpg

Nice Saz, i got a mate who is geting some salt and pepper bluey's soon. Can't wait until they start breeding the together to see what sort of colours they throw. Great bluey pics everyone, the blueys are one of my favourites too so this thread is going t be a fav for me. Actually, I like most big skinks.

A few old pics of my bluey, I have no idea what sex it is:)
Beautiful bluey saz;)

Attachments

• DSCF0149.JPG
    DSCF0149.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0157.JPG
    DSCF0157.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0153.JPG
    DSCF0153.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks guys, lovely blueys on this thread. Here's one of the fellas I just rehomed. He's a guts. Then again aren't they all, hehehe! He's covered in Repcal pellets, and so was everything else by the time they had finished lol!

bigboy.jpg

Does anyone have pics of a hypermelanistic blue tongue? They are my fav!

the other girl i have is a nsw type eastern,totally different appearence again,as is the males color,there quite varible in color in my area,as im sure they are every where,oh my nsw girl has a blackbelly throat and underneath of tail,yet normal on top,is that the norm with some nsw types?

re show

the other girl i have is a nsw type eastern,totally different appearence again,as is the males color,there quite varible in color in my area,as im sure they are every where,oh my nsw girl has a blackbelly throat and underneath of tail,yet normal on top,is that the norm with some nsw types?

Cant say ive seen any with black underneath that i can remember richard,Nsw types are variable like the rest thats for sure,generally though there are the lighter greyish types and the darker yellowish brown types,usually a light colour underneath sometimes with pink colour running through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back