Show & Swap Rules?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AntaresiaLady

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is it just me,

or does the topic not make sense.

I thought it was SHOP and SWAP Rules. A spelling error by the powers that be perhaps?

Or am I mistaken?

Cheers!
Marie.

this topic doesn't make sense to me, if that helps.

Same here :lol:

But since we're on the topic.. i think the 'no chit chat in the for sale threads' is ridiculous. I think a seller should have the option of allowing chit chat if so desired. I believe the majority, including most sellers, don't mind it at all, and having this rule just creates more work for the mods. On the other hand if a seller wants no chit chat in their thread, i completely respect that. Perhaps sellers could just indicate in their post if they want or don't want chit chat in their thread, and let it go from their? Then everyone's happy JMO :D

soulweaver and Mr Bredli, if you click on the expand symbol (+) next to "Shop & Swap" in the main menu, there is a title called 'Show & Swap Rules"... I'm guessing it's a typo.

"But since we're on the topic.. i think the 'no chit chat in the for sale threads' is ridiculous"

Most of the pm's I get from people are a request to delete rubbish from their for sale ad.So I guess not everyone agrees with you there MrBredli.

I never said everyone. I stand by what i said, sellers should be able to allow or disallow chit chat in their thread. JMO

i think the majority is against it, as i am with greebs on the pm's i recieve to remove items from for sale threads.

I often buy a copy of Unique Cars, find ads for nice cars, ring them up and say "Nice car mate, I'd buy it if I had the money!"
I find that they really appreciate my calls.

You're talking about a classifieds Greebo, a For Sale section on an internet forum is entirely different. I understand that most people don't want utter crap posted in their thread, but most wouldn't object to a bit of chit chat, especially if the comments are favourable to them, and if it keeps their thread at the top. That's why i say it should be seller's choice. JMO

so your saying i can ring ppl up that advertise on the online trading post? There is no difference, just computers and the internet are more widly excepted now.

same with ebay, can you ring ppl up and say hey nice hat your selling?

Online Trading Post is a classifieds also. This is a forum.

Haha.. no it's a forum trying to be used like a classifieds. :)

If you really want it to be a classifieds, why don't you lock every thread as soon as it is started?

because how does the owner bump there thread back up? and no one has a a problem with legit questions. Locking wouldn't fix the problem, but i can lock yours if that will help you sell ;)

That's exactly right souly, that's what makes this different to a classifieds. Locking would fix the problem (of chit chat), because then it would be exactly like a classifieds, just the way you want it :wink:

i am not fussed anyway really. I am more bored and wanted to argue, helps fill in time at work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back