Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haymista

Reaction score
Im gonna be building a snake rack and id love to get some ideas about sizes, what tubs are used, the best way to build them etc.
pics also helpful :)
thanks

Last edited:
This is mine we made a while ago, only cost about $80 not including the tubs. Holds 40, not sure what litre the tubs are but they are the ones you can buy in a pack of 4 from Big W. Dont have a tape measure handy but I guess about 32 x 22 x 13cm.

Attachments

• P1110575.jpg
    P1110575.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 854
  • P1110577.jpg
    P1110577.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,221
  • P1110578.jpg
    P1110578.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,162
:lol: Yes, its in the spare bedroom. So too bad for any visitors that hate snakes!
LOL our spare room's the same hehehe

Nice looking rack though - what did you make it out of? Is it just wood and melamine?

wow whats that made of vixen, looks very professional

LOL our spare room's the same hehehe

Nice looking rack though - what did you make it out of? Is it just wood and melamine?

Looks like melamine and a steel frame to me. =]
Though that's just my guess.

Yes its a just a painted wooden frame, and melamine. Heatcord is a 50w on a pulsing thermo.

Yes its a just a painted wooden frame, and melamine. Heatcord is a 50w on a pulsing thermo.
nice rack :) did u cut a recess into the melamine for the heat cord t sit nice and flush in? or how did u go about it and does the cord only cros the front half of each tub cheers dean

i was wondering what size tubs would be suitable for adult spotteds and stimmies i am wanting to build my own rack in the near future

thanks bfg23, can you tell me how they heat up the tub, where do you place them? inside the tub or outside like a heatmat and can you buy heatcord in meters? as i am confused.
cheers chris

You buy the heatcord in different sizes, the herpshop has a variety.

Generally the heatcords are pressed into channels that get routed into the board the tubs sit on.
I do not use a rack so i am unsure how much heatcord you need under each tub. But i would imagine from using a cord in my beardy tank that 2 or 3 runs of the cord on each tub would be fine. The heat cord would heat up the surrounding timber too and give off a nice gentle heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back