Show us ya ferrets!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love ferrets i had 6 at one stage i was trying to con my mrs into letting me get another one but to no prevail lol my first one panda she was a sable from hunting parents and she was that tame i could go for a walk around the block and she would follow without a haness i would just tap the side of my leg to get her to hurry

keeping them outside is no problem except in summer, all of mine come inside they dont tolerate heat at all , their cubby house is a kids cubby house so all wood with windows and a door so they are well protected. Like all animals they do need some sunlight so its not all that beneficial for them to be inside 24/7 all year round. They need a good diet fresh meat preferably a whole rabbit for eg if they can be convinced to eat it is much better then dry good quality cat biscuits . Anyone in Melbourne who is interested in ferrets the club currently has heaps of rescues available for adoption. Alas many get ferrets on a whim when they are cute and tiny then dont fully realise what they are in for and dump or give them up when they get passed the kit stage.

Lifespan 5-11 yrs according to "Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents" by Katherine E Quesenberry and James W Carpenter.
It's a veterinary manual I ordered from the UK. My vet highly recommended it.
It would depend on your ferret.

My ferret is a one any only, when he crosses over the rainbow bridge I'm not getting another, I couldn't replace my Stinky boy.

ferrets 016.jpgferrets 011.jpgferrets 013.jpg

Bandit loves his baths. Yoshi is not to keen on them. Yet they both play in the dogs water and will join you in the shower if they are allowed out at that time. We were lucky to get Bandit back, apparently the people who found him were going to keep him but had other animals that did not get along. He was found the next morning so spent a night out, was about six months old at the time, and he is actually 10 months old now.

Its nice to see all the different ferrets :)

I used to have a couple they were my babies but i started working too much and couldnt look after them so had to give them to my local association :( was really hard but i knew it was for the best, but i cant wait till i can start my lil fuzzy family again when im all ready :D

Any more pictures of them enjoying some set-ups? I'm interested... :D

i think we can keep them here in WA strange we usually don't get anything here, how much does a ferret go for?

well depends on the state if you want to purchase a rescue or rehomed ferret here in Vic it costs $100 for a desexed ferret.They try to match one to your experience and likes.WA has a very large club called WAFFS im sure they have a website.

I miss my ferrets. Unfortunately we can't keep ferrets up here. They're on the banned list in the NT. :cry:

god some of them are soo cute...do they bite as much as people say?

We got Bandit from a first time breeder who mothered the kits. He has never bitten and will clean any animal or person that lets him. You can put him up near your face and he will just lick you.
Yoshi came from a big breeder who did not handle them. Although he has calmed down he still nips and you dont let him near your head.
When buying them they will show their temprements really quick with a bit of a hold if the seller doesnt tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back