Show Us Your Albinos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMGP1661.jpg
Hey mate, do they get as big as normal olives?
The foundation animals chosen by Gavin Bedford were, deliberately of a smaller type locality. My eight year old animals are under 3meters and about 12 kg for the female and 8kg for the male. Some keepers have bred "Bedford" animals with larger animals and so it is likely that larger progeny will emerge. This season should see progeny from het females produced by Nic Stock which i understand came from Bedford NT male over larger Queensland females. That may produce some larger animals, but to date all the Albino Olives about have come from Darwin locale Olives.
The female pictured has stabilised at about 12 kilos and is the most furcund female Albino Olive in the world having produced about half the world population of Albino Olives.

if i could afford a white boy i would.. love them

View attachment 156982
The foundation animals chosen by Gavin Bedford were, deliberately of a smaller type locality. My eight year old animals are under 3meters and about 12 kg for the female and 8kg for the male. Some keepers have bred "Bedford" animals with larger animals and so it is likely that larger progeny will emerge. This season should see progeny from het females produced by Nic Stock which i understand came from Bedford NT male over larger Queensland females. That may produce some larger animals, but to date all the Albino Olives about have come from Darwin locale Olives.
The female pictured has stabilised at about 12 kilos and is the most furcund female Albino Olive in the world having produced about half the world population of Albino Olives.

Ahhh okay. I didnt know that theres smaller locales for olives as well. I thought they were all the same. Thank you for that. Shes huge!

She looks huge i that pic wokka. Good luck with the season!!

That photo was a few weeks prior to laying remembering that a clutch of eggs can weigh over 2 kilos. It always amazes me that without eating for a few months a gravid female still manages to put on weight.

Wokka what size clutches do they throw? same as normals?? Beautiful animal
There have not been enough bred yet to make a meaningful observation but I can't see any reason why clutch size should be different. There does seem to be problems in getting clutches both with unwilling males amd high numbers of slugs, although many experienced breeders have told me that Olives, generally, are the hardest of all the pythons to breed! Maybe as more hets come into the equation the ease of breeding will improve.

Heres one that looks to of just conceived.

Attachments

• DSC_0741.jpg
    DSC_0741.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 233
Heres one that looks to of just conceived.

Nice albinos everyone.

Not taking this off topic, but just one question.....TrueBlue, I believe they call that paper your olive is on, butchers paper?...can I ask were you get this from, besides the butcher...lol.

wow jungle man some nice pics there mate that bub is a cracker and whats with the albino cobra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back