Show us your jungle enclosures- please!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your locale says Lidcombe there Hibern8

You can score some or that Background stuff down at the Big Aquarium shop in the old Joyce Mayne complex there on Parramatta Rd opposite the Auburn Maccas

thanks 4 that heads up. i,ve got a jungle missing since last thursday in my 2br unit and im moving out friday. i have tipped the place upside down 50 times.

thanks 4 that heads up. i,ve got a jungle missing since last thursday in my 2br unit and im moving out friday. i have tipped the place upside down 50 times.

That sux! u never know, it may show up in a box when you get to your new place :)

011-Copy.jpg

012-Copy.jpg

010-Copy.jpg

Yeah Hibern8 i saw that in another thread.

Thats hard one to answer.

Is the place sealed off so you can be sure she didnt get out of the Unit???

have you tried down the back of the couch??

When I have my ones out and handling them in front of the Tv they Go straight for Down back of Couch.

Looking good kawasaki!! i see ur boy had his first shed today. any luck with your girl?

Thanks :) I haven't touched or seen the girl since saturday. The most I do is lift up the shirt I have covering the click clack once a day to make sure she still has water. I'll be giving her another go at feeding on saturday. I am hoping she will take it.

The male is a pig. He had a play around with us today and then smashed down two pinkies, I got a cool video of him eating. He'll miss saturday's feed and go back to saturday in a week and a half.

When do you pick yours up?

next week some time! feel like an excited kid.

Because the enclosure has 2 full length glass doors I am planning on putting newspaper on the doors so that my daughter cant terrorize the poor thing! i dont even wnat here to know whats in there yet, cos she just wont be able to help herself.

Lol, when I get some more cash I'm going to get more shrubbery for the walls so it's eventually covered completely. They are nearly $20 each though, so I've only got two lol.

They'd have vines like the things on the side of my enclosure? With suction cups? I shall have a browse tomorrow lol.

I Dunno, i found a place on ebay today, just search reptile enclosures and something should come up from them, hides etc.

But Bunnings is a wonderful place! so many useful things! lol

OK so its still pretty bare, but here it is so far.. Sorry about poor quality pic its with a phone, got the textured walls done and the grass (ended up going with quite an expensive one but it looks really good and its really soft, no sharp edges). Going with what hibern8 suggested on my thread and getting a radiator for heat and Im about to start cutting holes to put downlights in. Still have to get logs, sticks, plants etc but Im pretty happy so far.

Attachments

• cage3.jpg
    cage3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Here's mine...

One of an identical pair, the other one I haven't put together yet but all the wood is cut and sealed.
Jungle on top yet to be acquired Antaresia species at the bottom.
I haven't finished decorating yet still trying to figure out what to do......
Measurements are 80 x 60 x 90 for the jungle (80 x 60 x 45 for the Antaresia)
Materials: 16mm BB hardwood ply sealed with multiple coats of a water based clear varnish

P1020463.jpg

P1020467.jpg

With the whole fake plant thing i ditched them.too expensive.i use real plants in my tanks.gosh i have nothing as nice as any shown here,but devils ivy grows heaps well for a vine,i also have a few birdsnest ferns,some mondo grass and a japanese aralia.tried a star jasmine but no one felt secure..to delicate.and of course the good old parlour palms.
Real plants help with humidity and they breathe in carbon monoxide releasing fresh oxygen.and IMO real vs fake.....real looks better.

Bit more done, still havent put radiator or doors on and still deciding on 1 or 2 halogen lights (going to wire them up and see how bright they are first).

Attachments

• P110411_17.45_[01].jpg
    P110411_17.45_[01].jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 54
  • P110411_17.45.jpg
    P110411_17.45.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 49
My jungles love it!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302515397.645023.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302515397.645023.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 88