Show us your Marms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the quality. Here you are Bob. One off spring of the Longreach trio.
Best i can do atm. Had to use mobile. Computer problems.

Attachments

• 12-04-09_1815.jpg
    12-04-09_1815.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 151
O. marmorata West MacDonnell Ranges Locality. Have the exact GPS coordinates somewhere.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0442.JPG
    tn_IMG_0442.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 138
  • tn_IMG_0449.JPG
    tn_IMG_0449.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 122
I've just got some NT fat tails so I thought I'd add to this thread.

NTfattail2.jpg

NTfattail1.jpg

Hi guys,

These are my two marbled velvets. I was told by the breeder they were born December 07, so should be about 17 months old now. I have had a look underneath, they both look like girls. I was hoping for one of each. Does anyone think they look small for their age? These pics were probably taken 2-3 months ago. I'll try and get some more updated ones.

Monique

Attachments

• DSC03231.jpg
    DSC03231.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03235.jpg
    DSC03235.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 99
Depends on where they are from. Different locales grow to different lengths. Also depends on how much they are fed. Do you know what locale they are? I have two Western Qld marms hatched dec 07 that are about 140-150mm long. Unusual colouring. Nice gex though.

The size doesnt matter. They could have been fed differently. or the habitats different. there is no real certain size that they should be ..

Depends which ones you are talking about, and age, condition etc Generally though adult marms are around $200 each, some cheaper, some more expensive

I was told they were WA local. They have grown a fair bit since I've had them. They were probably about 8-10cm nose to tip when i got them in Feb. They're probably about 12cm now. I am wondering if they're old enough to tell the sex now. Should the boys be showing by now??

Thanks guys for the info. I might be on the look out for a boy now!

I'll try and get some new pics up tonight.

If they are WA locale at 17mo you should be able to tell the difference. At 19mo my WA's are 160mm. As i said before growth rate depends on food intake.

Can anyone tell me how much a breeding pair of these little guys cost??????????

Can anyone tell me how much a breeding pair of these little guys cost??????????

About $400-$550. depending on locale, breeder, quality of animals etc.
Id much prefer to spend that kinda cash on some nice dragons :)

TBH they look about the right size to me although im no gecko expert only ever kept a few species and they wernt marbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back