Show us your Rough Scaled Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sara_sabian that 3rd pic is awesome how long did it take you to get the focus right?

Thanks. Didn't take long actually, I was trying to get some photos of him and he just kept reaching out to me so I took advantage.

I have heard this too, but mine are the opposite.
My female knocked back a feed once and went a little quite but it was obviously temperature related going into winter etc.
I upped her temp and she was back.

Mine are fussy, as i said the male isnt too bad but the female didnt feed for the first 2 months, breeder told me before i purchased them and have heard from a couple of others theirs are also fussy. Comes down to the individual really

I think a bit of fussiness is not a big issue, other species have a lot worse.
Overall I think there a great animal, I will be getting a pair next season, just need to figure out who from.

some people say they are finicky and yes sometimes their right. Mine eats like a pig quanity wise but is very delicate when eating and won't smash and wrapped. Best explained as dantily and eats at her own leisure but has never knocked a feed back.

Some of mine..

043.jpg

029.jpg

027.jpg

017.jpg

024.jpg

No idea how to resize these...sorry. And no idea whatsoever on how to use a camera - struggled to turn it on..ha.

this how i keep mine, this is a pic of the females cage... adding a few more branches soon
they seem to spend the majority of there time on the heat shelfPA030984.jpg

Heres my pair that bred for the first time this season, pics are about two yrs old
male first

Attachments

• RSP m (3).jpg
    RSP m (3).jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 135
  • RSP f.jpg
    RSP f.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 149
I think a bit of fussiness is not a big issue, other species have a lot worse.
Overall I think there a great animal, I will be getting a pair next season, just need to figure out who from.
very true.... but roughies can be a pain ( and are in my herp room), especially when they have to be teased into feeding and your about to give up for the night and bam... they take the rat FINALLY.... and you then think to youself jeez if i had given up a second ago they would have without a feed again.

congo, the one in the second pic is a ripper, nice contrasting pattern

God I really want one... congo that pair is stunning.

Bandy I have a few jungles that are like that. Some days take longer then other.
I have figured out how to set off each one of them so it's not a big deal, it just takes extra time.

Even the baby GTP can be slow now and then, you really need to get their attention.

Thankx Bandy and D3pro thats why i choose her and its even more impressive at 3yrs of age.Their both excellent eaters and will chow down on med rats every week if i'd let them + their great to handle, its like a file going thru ur hands.

Love my roughie and dont think ill ever get rid of her. She used to be a pain feeding but I think sometimes we think that they should every week, fortnight, whatever but she will eat when she's hungry not when i stick a rat in front of her. If i leave her for a few weeks (generally 3 weeks) and offer a feed she will smash it but when i try every week she will smell and smell and smell and then just ignore it. Now i just hold out a bit longer and now she doesnt frustrate me.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9164.JPG
    IMG_9164.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 113
  • eyes.JPG
    eyes.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8533.JPG
    IMG_8533.JPG