Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hehehe ... hopefully he will start eating soon.
Im wondering if you wait until its dark and oh so quite.. brain a mouse or slit its throat and tiptoe to the enclosure with it and give it a dangle ... maybe keep out of site as much as you can?
it could be that he feels very vunerable right now and when they have a full belly snakes generally feel even more vunerable. oh and rub the rodent along side of him, slap him in the face with it ehehe (just kidding)
good luck

best of luck, make sure you come back and post the out come
:)

Yay!
visited the vet today...
the outcome is, he thinks Akiva will be fine.
hes told me to bath her every night in warm water, then massage him with sorbelene cream, and keep puting iodine on the legions.
and he also gave me syringes and hills cat food and said feed him 2mil of it, 2 times a day every second day. and give him a message in a week and a half and let him know how hes going so we can up the food.
he also said ive been looking after the legions well, and they are not a worry at all and should be fixed in the next few proper sheds.
and aswell the vet seems to think he might even re-gain some sight in his eye once hes shedding properly again.
So im stoked :) thank you to everyone for the suggestions and help.

Last edited:
Awsome, just catching up and that is good news:D. Cat food thing sounds interesting.

I know why our sick pet snakes generallly are laid back, because it's the owners who do all the stressing for them, and they just sit there and think, "come on I ate three months ago what is the problem?"

lol yeah, i think ive done plenty of stressing for my little guy!
the vet said he probly wont eat mice by himself again til hes built up his muscle and stuff, and got his shedding sorted.
so the cat food thing was a weird idea, but awesome if it works!

That's great news. He wouldn't have made it without such a wonderful, caring owner. You've worked a miracle there, you should be proud of yourself. Sending a hearty slap on the back to you, well done. With anyone less caring than you, that little guy wouldn't have had a chance.
Lots of good luck for the future.

That's great news. He wouldn't have made it without such a wonderful, caring owner. You've worked a miracle there, you should be proud of yourself. Sending a hearty slap on the back to you, well done. With anyone less caring than you, that little guy wouldn't have had a chance.
Lots of good luck for the future.

wow, lol.
thats about all i have to say to that :D thanks a lot! i feel... accomplished lol.
i put in my best for the little guy, i hope he comes out on top!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back