SIGHTING A LICENCE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
well bob you answered one question i was going to ask, about buying or selling interstate, as i'm in qld we now have to fill out a movement advice , we buy them from the local wildlife office, anybody who have bought or sold to qld should know about this as we have to fill one in with every reptile bought or sold, this has been a new law since march 2004? i think, for those that haven't seen a movement advice from qld, we have to fill in names, address, where the reptile was kept, (if different from your address), type of wildlife licence, buyers phone number, date, types of reptiles and vent length, licence number, the seller signs one copy, this goes to the wildlife office and gets put in their file, they also keep one copy for their records, then the buyer signs one copy, it goes to their wildlife office and gets put into their file, this copy states that they have recieved the reptile, then they also get to keep one copy for their records,
so we have to fill out 4 copy's with both buyer and seller keeping one, the other 2 go to the wildlife office where their licence details are kept, this seems like a lot of extra hassle, but if this was done, at least if anybody was trying to rip you off, at least you will have their details, we also have to record all details in our licence book,

cheers,
steve........

We cope with the address thing by having moderately up front security including back to base alarm and motion detectors etc. etc. it is not to obtrusive but visible enough such that any prospective thief would hopefully not want to visit unevited. This sort of security is fairly cheap and IMHO good insurance.

I remember the APS visit to Roy Pails. He had enough cameras set up that you could not scratch yourself without him not being able to reconstruct the action in 3D. On top of this he had his "Black Shirts" wandering around the place with head sets etc. To me this is going over board but they did collect your drivers licence number or some other form of ID upon entry which is fair enough.

The address thing cuts both ways. If you do have a break in that sees your herps go awol you have the contact details of recent herp related visitors.

In Victoria I understood that transactions had to take place at one of the licenced premises where the animals were held or to be held. This is why when we donated a python for auction to the recent VHS meeting that the purchaser could not collect the animal at the meeting itself but had to arrange a time to collect it from our premises which was a right royal pain.

Having to provide a movement advice as per Steve's description is probably the only way of making the system robust. The only way with the Victorian system that they could match up all the transactions was if the department had a copy of everybody's log book which currently they don't. The information provided in the returns is only sufficient for statistical anaylisis... mind, you may be amazed at how stats can be used to determine who gets a visit from the department.

SIGHTING A LIENCE

:D Steve the four copys is the correct way to do things but unfortunately the imp and exp measures are different in every state i have heaps of QLD move advices sitting here cause i always keep one of the four but one is for NPWS (send to nearest ranger).When ive approached the NSW NPWS about it ime told that is QLD paperwork and we dont deal with it and dont want it.There isnt any phone numbers or adresses on the move advice either ,like i know everyone including politicians wants to keep their jobs by having state division but is it too much to ask for sensible uniformity especially regarding imp and exp they could keep their different fee structures if it made them happy and feel relevant. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back