Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey peeps... Do slatey's make good pets (compared to pythons??). By all accounts I have read they're quiet and placid. Is this true also? Plus... what are their requirements (food, tank size etc). I was already interested in Slatey's before I got Peyote the Spotted Python, but reading this has got me even more intrigued... maybe a future snake (2 years down the track). Are they on the standard recrational license (Qld)? Cheers...

Love those pics.. some of those should have been in the pic comp... they're beautiful!

Oh... ps... what size do these fellas grow to?

You could expect them to grow to about a metre, maybe 1.5, some say 2.

Aussiesnakelover, photo taken on archer river CYP.

slim6y, they have a reputation as a very obnoxious little snake. A colubrid that likes to think it is an elapid. They strike and musk and stink and throw little wobblies. Apparently not handleable.

I am told by the breeder of my baby, that mine is only calm and innocent because it is so small and it will grow into the reputation.

Fine by me, I am not looking to play with him. At the moment he is a dear little thing with lots of curiousity.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back