Slough

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boooo

Reaction score
Hi my snake has shed her skin two weeks ago and is shedding again why is that?!!:):rolleyes:

One possible reason could be mites but it also could be fast growth, I had one or two of my younger pythons shed in that timeframe without having mites.

Over feeding maybe?

I've also heard that snakes shed their skin within a small time frame then they may have some internal or external parasite and shedding their skin is a way of healing themselves. Forgot where I heard/read that though so it could be wrong, most likely to be fast growth though.

Thanks,
I have checked and there appears to be no mites. She is a spotted python 18 months old and we have been feeding her every 3 weeks since June when I got her. How often should I be feeding?

Sounds ok to me. I generally feed my hatchies every 5-7 days spacing it out to 7 towards the end up to one year old , from one to two years old I feed mine fortnightly and them monthly after that.

Easiest way to find mites get a tissue and let snake slither between your fingers touching the tissue if she has mites the tissue will have dots in it, two weeks is quite close for 18 mths old but if she sheds fine then there shouldn't be any probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back