Snake allergic to news paper?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
Just wondering if its possible for a snake to be allergic to the print on news paper?
I have an adult stimson python who normally lives on crushed wallnut shells. I changed to newspaper recently and I have noticed her scales are "flaking" along the length of her body on her stomach. Its not red or sore looking, but some scales look like they are coming off, and her white tummy has black stains from what i assume is news paper print?

Any thoughts on this?

Sounds wierd.. Ive never had it.. I use Left over xmas paper too

my snake had that flaking your talking about but the flaking was gone after he shedded a week later and i never got the black stains on the tummy of my snake though

intersting. Its the ONLY thing that has changed in her viv. I'm going to try paper towels tomorrow and see what happens. If it clears up, then it must be the news paper reacting with her.
I guess anything is possible.

Unless its having a reaction to the bleach in the paper, I highly doubt its the ink. 99% of the inks mfg. today are soy based.
Try butchers paper?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, F10 is pretty dangerous stuff. I hear most APS members like F10 as much as they like heat rocks.

I'm honestly not sure if this is serious or not.

The black spots are likely from paper ink or dirt (walnut shell?). Flaking is usually to do with shedding. Happens with my snakes every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back