Snake I.D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpemery

Reaction score
I found this snake just north of gladstone, i personally believe its an eastern brown snake because of the spots it had on its belly(cant see in the photo just have to trust me haha) A friend though said it could be taipan cause they can have yellow/orange spots on their belly as well. Just curious as to what people think.

Its a nice looking snake either way, oh and i found it with a rather large eastern brown as well.

Attachments

• DSCF0307.jpg
    DSCF0307.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF0306.jpg
    DSCF0306.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 271
i thought it was a taipan to begin with cause of the head and colour but yeaah

Eastern Brown Pseudonaja textilis...they look nothing like taipans

........like that eb that was mistaken for a coastal tai few years ago in the gold coast Bulletin along with several other snakes .....such a great poster to show people how easy it can be for people to be mistaken........classic....... either way if you think its dangerous then it most probably is.........great pic its always a pleasure seeing them in the wild....

Very obvious Pseudonaja textilis, even the remnants of the red and black nape stripes of a juvenile are still visible. Minimal light colouration around the jaw, auburn eyes, head shape...EB.

dossy...both EBs and Coastal Taipans come in red, very common with Taipans, I've got photos of an EB I caught in Childers more red than the soil that the area is known for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back