Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

team351

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Can someone identify this snake, found the poor thing in my backyard this morning been hurt badly by dogs.

Attachments

• P5110189.JPG
    P5110189.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 120
  • P5110184.JPG
    P5110184.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 144
  • P5110190.JPG
    P5110190.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 131
its a python i can tell you that? where you from?

thinking of it yeah, i belive most coastls look diffrent, but thats just me

It's a harmless carpet python, most vets will treat wildlife for free. Give your local a call, and if they wont deal with it they should be able to put you in contact with someone who will.

Found her outside my back door where my two dogs sleep, used tongs to pick her up as didnt know what she was? had different snakes and a few red bellied blacks drinking from the swimming pool so have tongs to remove the unwanted ones, live on acreage. took her to see reptile relocation people but not there today so taking her back there in the morning, she's still alive but not moving much? so have put her in a spare reptile container with some heat and hope she's ok tomorrow.

you do realise that when you have picked it up you look like you have added to the injuries as it is showing a compression injury, the tongs you have are known to be brutal on snakes and your pictures sadly show it too ...I am not having a go at you but I am pointing out the issues of tong use ,especially that brand of tong ...

yeah I was careful, picked her up by the tail. Only got the tongs for unwanted visitor's had a GTS and red bellied physically in my pool on different ocassions cornered by my dogs, thus why I got the tongs as a standard hook would be to risky in the above type of situation. Unfortunately she was dead the next morning, obviously too much damage from the dogs sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back