snake leash

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Good to see someone had already thought to legislate on it.

Maybe this should be linked to from this site for future reference. How about it Mods?

IsK

I hate looking for these things :lol:... Listed as 2.D: Under the Code of Practice For The Welfare Of Animals - Private Keeping of Reptiles (Victoria)

I don't know what the regs are like in any other State but tethers or leashes in relation to reptiles aren't allowed in Vic.

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/nreni...99def151cfd4ca256f0f001b052b/$FILE/AG1134.pdf

Reptiles must not be restricted or restrained by the
use of a leash or tether.
Drilling a turtles shell and tying a line to it.I remember when this was a common practice,endorsed by the local petshop, to stop your turtle from escping.
I think the cruelty issues involved with this common practice led to the law being made.

That is just plain wrong, those poor animals, its as bad as using choke chains on dogs!

Not really even in the same category, as pointed out they can be very useful when used properly. As for them hurting dogs, it might be possible if its a small dog, but with a rotti with a 250mm wide neck it would literally pull an average persons arm out of its socket before damaging the dog. All the dog needs to do is stop pulling and dogs are smart enough to know that. Its OK to walk a dog like its a dog IMO

Drilling a turtles shell and tying a line to it.I remember when this was a common practice,endorsed by the local petshop, to stop your turtle from escping.
I think the cruelty issues involved with this common practice led to the law being made.

I've never heard of that. Amazing what Humans will do.

IsK

Not only that Isk,but it was also common for kids pet turtles to be painted, sometimes with leadbased paints,which led to heartache for the kid and slow death for the turt.
Thankfully this dosnt happen anymore either.(i hope).

they are only stupid in hindsite.
we are only as smart as what technology/education allows us to be....

we have come along way in such a short time... GO THE INTERWEBANET!

That leads awesome. I'm going to get one made with 15 attached all side by side to take all my clan for a walk at once!!! :lol:

iv seen them in a few petshops aswell as iguana leashes and stuff.

iv seen them in a few petshops aswell as iguana leashes and stuff.

Must be a big market for the iguana leashes here in aus.

They obviously did their research before investing.

Not.

IsK

why not get a cat carry for the feline as well... :p hehehe

funny-pictures-the-cat-carrier-ZGE.jpg

This is just brilliant idea....!!
Just like the snake walker....
The guys who created those torture devices are business men... their focus is to make big money... they don't give a s..t about the animal's well-being... a leash for a snake... I have to say you have to be pretty insane to first think about it, and definitely out of your mind to produce it...! no herp/keepers would buy such a thing... (well, I hope not...)

ive seen the iguana body leads (the ones that go over the body and support that way rather than the neck) and they dont seem too bad i guess, may be usefull for those who want to take there laceys for a walk............or not, but a snake leash? thats just weird and the snakes in those pics off the link (even though this is in america so i wouldnt know the snakes species) they look venemous to me! at first glance i didnt really think and i thought it was a tiger snake hahahaha.

I can't believe ppl would actually use that product!!!. This need a flame suit to come out!

hey lets just take a 14 foot olive for a walk down the maine street. ha ha or better yet how bout a scrub. very practical.

Well said Militant Vixen - couldnt have said it better myself. How disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back