Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adfel

Reaction score
I am after your suggestions on the best snake to get. I already have a murray darling carpet python and want to look at getting a second snake. I want you to tell me what species you have found to be good natured and which ones you prefer, etc. I dont want a large snake looking at under 2mtrs.

well I think there all good!
what types do you think you want?

Well Jungles arn't exactly known for being "good natured"! Id probably suggest looking into the bredli if temperament was going to be an issue to you!

Like most carpets they have an average total length of around the 2m mark

bredli apparently grow to between 8 and 10 foot. (so 2.4-3meteres)
(if u were happy to go a bit over 2 meters id def suggest bredli)
or diamonds

jungles arent generally the friendliest, a 'for the hell of it bite' from my 2 foot jungles seems to hurt more than a feedign bite that hangs on and wraps around my hand from my 4.5 foot bredli fro some reason. :p

Its your choice really! we can only give advice on the ones you want!
I think if you bought a snake that I wanted it would be a bad decision!

darwins are a nice snake!
have you looked at Boodarie womas there the smaller of the womas

Tanami or WA womas (which includes the gorgeous Boodarie types) are under 2 m. The SA form gets bigger. I'd love to get a WA because I like the bold bands, but my other half has called a halt for now:cry:.

Well iv never kept them so I couldn't really tell you, I wouldn't want to give you a bum steer! Iv been told they average around 4-5ft alot of people on here with experience with womas could give you a better answer!

is there anything out of the norm needed to keep a darwin python ,like for humidity etc

Darwins aren't a hard species to keep! they do like a bit of humidity and the rest is much the same as other carpets they can be a bit snappy when they are small but thats just a general as the ones I have are the most placid in my collection

A mate of mine has a darwin and it's a dream of a snake. all are different though as you already know. bredli are great, but are a slightly larger form of the carpets I think, a lot I know of are over 2.5m and full of girth and strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back