Snake terror in kid's bedroom

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikk

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published On: 12-19-2009
Source: News.com.au

A MUM who found an aggressive snake poised above cots containing her two young kids was kept at bay for 20 minutes until help arrived.

The 2m brown tree snake was discovered on a shelf between the woman’s two children, aged one and four, as they slept in their Westcourt home.

Go to Original Article

are u seriouse!..a 2mtr brown tree snakes poised over little children ready to attack them!!!i hope this post was posted for amuesment and a laugh,than an actual seriouse post!!u would think with all the information & science on reptiles these days,people and the media wouldnt be so ignorant!

:rolleyes:
I once saw a story on Today Tonight about a dolphin that had jumped out of the water and accidentally landed on top of someone in a boat and they ended up in hospital (I don’t know if any of yall remember that story, it was a few years ago). They basically made the whole thing into a horror story like the dolphin INTENDED to jump into the boat and land on top of someone, complete with Jaws music and all...

bahaha what a dopey B***.

honestly i can understand fear but not knowing what to do if a snake bit your kid, any first aid book well tell you.
and im not quite sure that the snakes intention was to trap the kids.

"I’m just thankful the animal didn’t bite the babies, I wouldn’t have a clue what to do if it did."

agreed with you jessica_lee. when living in a country that boasts some pretty venemous snakes, i think it would be a wise idea for there to be some sort of education to everyone on how to treat a snake bite.

seriously, some people still think 'suck the venom out' and other weird things.

and lol at the picture too. silly media....

Hmmm funny looking bts

They probably made the story up, needed something to put in the news...morons

I am amazed that as a mother she would let the snake bite her babies before herself...but that's just me. If I thought my daughter was at risk in anyway from an animal that I considered to be dangerous I would not stay in the opposite corner of the room. That said I guess peoples phobia's sometimes take over and reactions to stress differ from person to person.
It is a typical media response to a story to make things seem more dramatic then it actually was that is how papers are sold. And again the picture is very misleading but I guess a bug eyed BTS does not took quite so threatening in a picture than an EB does. All to tell a good story on the evil snakes that intrude our homes.

i agree with you all on the media hype , but perhaps the snake catcher had some part in this article, he seems to be in the paper alot and theres always a few little bends in the story not to mention odd photo's.

god forbid this is just a advertising stunt to ensure everyone has easy acces to his ph number before other catchers out there????????????????

god forbid this is just a advertising stunt to ensure everyone has easy acces to his ph number before other catchers out there????????????????
Wouldnt be the first time a snake catcher took advantage of free publicity,lol.
The pic of the brown snake was one of Ray Hosers venomoids.
I think it,s on his smuggled website.
Dont know how it go to Cairns.

Sounds like this 'CAIRNS SNAKE CATCHER" maybe related to good ole' GEORGE the snakeman'

Typical media hype ...I can understand the womans terror though ,and YES a BTS can intimidate you ,especially if your afraid of snakes in general ..they can be agro turds ..

So you mean the picture is not a Brown Tree Snake? LOLOLOLOL

I wonder what goes through the journo's mind?

' Hey I've got a snake story, anyone got a pic of a snake, any snake, doesn't matter what sort'

I always love hearing that the brown trees need a good bite to administer their venom, if anyone has ever seen a bts bite something, you'd know they can crank that flip-top head of theirs back nearly 180 degrees :lol: .....and even if they do bite you....whoop-tee-do! :lol:

Talk about an over-reaction!

The actual article in the Cairns post doesn't have that pic. There are two pics of David Walton (Cairns Snake Removals) holding the BTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back