snake verses lizard... we'd love some advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetMumma

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After many years of his interest/ research in reptiles and snakes my 10 year old son has decided to make a committment to a snake or lizard. I'd love some advice from others about which direction to go in. He has admired bearded dragons (especailly eastern bearded and boyds forest dragons) for some time but also loves snakes. We are also considering a children's python. Does anyone have any recommendations. We are a family of three boys and would love our new addition to be part of the family.

If you want a part of the family I would suggest a Bearded Dragon, they are easy to look after and very friendly :)

Check out enclosure setups on youtube, here and google images to get ideas. and ask as many questions as you need, that's the best way to learn.

Good luck with your new family member!

Yes I'd recommend a Beardie, they are robust enough to be handled by children and will tolerate handling much better than any snake.

we have both -- if you want ease of care a snake is the go , feed once a week poo tiwce and a nice freindly stimson is a lot of fun ,a beardie should be fed daily poos often we are about to go on a long trip and the snakes we can turn the temps down slightly and they should be fine for 2 or 3weeks without a feed still unsure of what to do with the beardie
get one of each:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back