Snakes are smarter than some people (luckily, for some people)!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

I had the most insane callout for a large Eastern Brown at a student house today.

A bloke, who's only been out here for 6 weeks from England, chased it around his backyard, tailed it a couple of times and tried to hoick it over the next door neighbour's colourbond fence??!! He did all this in stubbies and a T-shirt. Thankfully and to my amazement, the snake was, apparently, disinclined to bite and managed to escape to the neighbouring property. His excuse was that he'd "handled plenty of Adders back home" and a friend of his had even been bitten by one and it was no worse than a wasp sting! WHAT???!!! Oh, also, they don't frighten him!!

I need a vacation!!!

bahahaha, i dont know what to say...

You and me both, Sarah:)! Because of this "incident" and the fact that were getting alot of overseas students in town, I've now been asked to write something for the local on Eastern Brown snakes in general, so any relevant papers floating around (I've still got yours Snake Pimp) would be much appreciated.

we got a call about an ular rumah, or wolf snake non venomous....
funny looking heads but quite pretty.....
pommie teacher caught it on his way to teach at international school......
wandered past a couple of hours later and the kids are having fun passing round a banded krait.....
good thing they are pretty docile... theyd be the last snake in Indo to get bitten by

I had the most insane callout for a large Eastern Brown at a student house today.

A bloke, who's only been out here for 6 weeks from England, chased it around his backyard, tailed it a couple of times and tried to hoick it over the next door neighbour's colourbond fence??!! He did all this in stubbies and a T-shirt. Thankfully and to my amazement, the snake was, apparently, disinclined to bite and managed to escape to the neighbouring property. His excuse was that he'd "handled plenty of Adders back home" and a friend of his had even been bitten by one and it was no worse than a wasp sting! WHAT???!!! Oh, also, they don't frighten him!!

I need a vacation!!!

natural selection at it's finest is all i can say

And the Darwin Award goes to.....

AND....

Sweet mother, fool's will rush in where angels fear to tread.

Perhaps this is why EB's have such a fearsome reputation with the general public, because of all the idiots?

IMO it's very undeserved. I've done a few over the years and the vast majority are very compliant, will get out of your way if given half the chance and just want to be left alone.

His excuse was that he'd "handled plenty of Adders back home" and a friend of his had even been bitten by one and it was no worse than a wasp sting!!
Could be a very different result if he did that with an Aussie adder, and it would all end in more bad publicity for reptiles.

Could be a very different result if he did that with an Aussie adder, and it would all end in more bad publicity for reptiles.

Thankfully, we don't get too many DA's around Armidale (none since I've been around), but I think the Brownies more than make up for that.

Hahaha.....poms.

Reminds me of a call out I got a couple of years ago.

I was called to get a (and I quote) "bearded dragon or water dragon" out of some woman's house.
But to my surprise when I walked in the house, I found a meter long Lace Monitor in a very angry mood, sizing up the woman's toddler through the glass of the next room.

Ya because Lacies look just like a little bearded dragon or water dragon :facepalm:

Hahaha.....poms.

Reminds me of a call out I got a couple of years ago.

I was called to get a (and I quote) "bearded dragon or water dragon" out of some woman's house.
But to my surprise when I walked in the house, I found a meter long Lace Monitor in a very angry mood, sizing up the woman's toddler through the glass of the next room.

Ya because Lacies look just like a little bearded dragon or water dragon :facepalm:

I've had similar up here, RSP:)! Always turns out to be an Eastern Water Dragon. I guess the tail banding could look similar to some.

Yeah you and all the local Ambo's! some dill holes need a good education

Who'd be an Ambo, hey:)! "Dill holes" is a new one, I might borrow that for my article!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back