Snakes Down Under.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

serpenttongue

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Greetings all,

On Saturday i was lucky enough to pay a visit to Snakes Down Under with the lovely johnbowemonie. Snakes Down Under is a wildlife park with a difference - it's strictly reptiles!! The keepers really know their stuff when it comes to educating the visitors, all the animals are in excellent health and the enclosures could not be better. The park is set in a quite, natural location and would have to be the best park i've ever been to. Both Jamie and Ian (the keepers) have got my respect for the hard work they've put into the park, and also for what they are trying to achieve overall. This is a park that should have the full support of QLD herpers.

They are located in Childers (about 30km south of Bundaberg QLD), so if you're ever in the area then drop in for a visit.

serpenttongue gives them two thumbs up.....or is that two tongue forks up?;)

Here's a few pics:D.

Last edited:
Last few.

Attachments

• 100_1205.jpg
    100_1205.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_1209.jpg
    100_1209.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_1213.jpg
    100_1213.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_1211.jpg
    100_1211.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 112
well done with the photos there.

Very nice.

It is a great place, hey.
I went there in June and also posted some pictures. The staff there were just wonderful.
Your photos are great, wish i lived closer, your photos make me want to go back there again.

PAV

for the jungle and the scrubbie shots, did they let you take them from inside the enclosure? or do they have clear windows behind them aswell? seem like a really great place, i must write this one down!
regards,

Nat ;)

ok i just realised there is a reflection in the glass... my bad! but wouldnt it be great if they did!

Great shots, love the perentie.................

Nice looking place. Good quality piccies too. They've spent some time on those enclosures, & the animals look nice & healthy from the pics.

I've been through Childers a heap of times on my annual fishing trips up north, even stayed there once, & didn't realize it was there. Damn!!

Col J.

The park is sensational. Some of the elapids are free handled however- they continually remind people that these are animals they have had for years, and that under no circumstance are people there to copy what they do. The taipan is a monster and great looking animal and you would be hard pressed finding a park that does a show in which they uses Scrubbie's, Brown Tree Snakes, Spotted Blacks, etc.

Deano, that Perentie has got attitude. You walk up to the enclousre and he struts his stuff, he knows he's a hottie. He's not fazed by people looking at him he just sticks his head up and struts around. I adore Perentie's more than ever after seeing this little fella.

I really do reocmmend people in Brisbane having a trip up to Childers. It's really not that far to travel for such a good place. There are shows between 10 and 2 and there are picnic tables there. Adults are $18 and when you consider Australia Zoo is $50 it makes this place more attractive and affordable for families. You won'nt be disappointed.

Simone.

Ive been there a few times, certainly the best reptile attraction ive ever been too.
Maybe all those in Brisbane who want to go could charter a bus and plan a day trip up there?.

Yep, definately a place to go to for an APS get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back