Snakes Downunder Reptile Park

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romance

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey hey... Thought I might do some advertising. Anyone passing through or living anywhere near Childers Qld should definitely take the time to check out snakes downunder. For all the info and stuff check out the site but it's a great experience. And dont be put off by the free handling of venomous snakes, they're professional handlers and the snakes there are exceptional. eg Mel the RBB has been handled for 16 years and the eastern brown falls asleep in Ian's hands! closed on wednesdays, non ven. show at 10:00, ven. show at 11:45 and croc feeding at 12:30, along with handling sugar the baby salty and Kit the carpet python, and snakes, lizards, monitors and turtles to be checked out between shows. Its also really personal, the staff show you around as much as we can (tour guiding is one of my fave parts) and we find any lizards or turtles that are hidden. So come and check it out or i'll answer any q's that i can. gonna give my fingers a rest now...

I was passing through Childer a month ago and stopped in for a look, it is small but that adds some charm to it.

still plenty of critters to see and is a good experience so go for it if u are near there

yeah about 4 hours north of brizzy andright between bundaberg and marborough

Cool we are heading up to Mundubbera near Christmas....might stop in for a look :)

I'd agree i put pics up from there a few months back when i visited inlaws in Childers. It is a great place to visit so if you get a chance go and have a looky.

PAV

a perentie, 2 laceys, a sandy, a pygmy monitor and others not ready to show

ps sorry havent been on the computer for a while

I was there yesterday for my second visit with johnbowemonie(Simone). Stayed all day and then we went back to Jamies place for a while and then went herping with Jamie in the afternoon and into the night. Real good day!

Romance, were you the young lad that was there on Sunday letting people hold the coastal carpet?

yeh i went there back in 2000, they had this huge salty just behind a hurricane fence .
i ask the keeper there if i could sit on his bak like a pony, but he sed no cos he mite like the taste of my legs!
rather disapointed i must say.
i think i got a pic sumwhere of me lieing on the ground next him (him being on the otherside of the fence), ill see if i can find it and chuk it up .
they got sum awsome snake's aswell got to hold my 1st olive there , thats when i new i had to get me 1.
nice little place id go there again

Thats me, serpenttongue

and we do have eftpos now

Hey Guys,

This park can only get bigger and better. Ian and Jamie do fantastic talks and get better on each visit. I would really like to see the herping community support this park- it is strictly Reptiles and Amphibians. Due to the size of the park you can get really up close and personal with the animals and keepers. It is by far my favourite park.

I'm 15 mins south of Maryborough and it takes me 50 mins to drive to Childers. It's enver too far to drive for a good herping experience.

Last Sunday serpenttongue and I met Romance, and even froglet who is from Melbourne stopped by while on a break. Good meeting you froglet!

Here's some pics from the few times i have visited the park.

Simone.

Dave is the gorgeous Perentie who really struts his stuff when people are watching him. What a sexy little guy he is.

Last edited:
And just a few more shots. I don't want to put all my pics on as i took happy snaps of everything there- gotta leave something for you guys to see.

P.S. (Before anyone gets into a debate about free handling though please read my other thread that i started about this park.)

This place is really cool.

Simone.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Simone, looks like a sweet place!

Love Perenties..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back