Snakes N Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BACA MICK

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HI ALL HOPE ALL IS WELL IN UR PART OF THE WOODS :D

I HAVE A WATER PYTHON BOUT 6FT LONG , I BOUGHT THIS ABOUT 3MTHS BACK [PRIV] AND SUNDAY THE BUGGER LAYED ALL THESE EGGS :shock: HORROR I TELL U ALL , NOW I NO WHY IT SHREADED FUNNY AND HASNT EATEN FOR A WHILE, BUT WAT DO I DO ?
DO I JUST LET NATURE TAKE IT COURSE?
DO I LET A SHOP COME N GET THE EGGS?
PERSONLY IM REALY NOT INTO THE BREEDING OF IT ALL AND ONLY GOT IT FOR A PET, I FEEL A BIT CRULE TO LET THEM DIE
HELP
CHEERS MICK

NO CHILD SHOULD SHOULD LIVE IN FEAR
http://www.bacausa.com/

let your python incubate the eggs. it will be fun for you

let her natually incubate them, hopefully if ya get some hatchlings you can sell them and make ya money back and even have enough change to buy another one.
hope it go's well!

fun 4 me mmmmmmmmm not sure if thats a good thing or not :D

if they hatch will i need to catch them n put them in another viv or just leave them in there ?
is it ok to feed my snake as it hasnt eaten for 8 weeks ?
it does seem to be doing the mother thing, like wrapping right around the eggs
a couple of pics

100_1073.jpg

100_1072.jpg

when they hatch the mother will have nothing else to do with em, you need to put them in small click,clacks.

ok u guys are the experts so ill go with ya :D looks like i better seal the glass up a ? click clacks ? is that a qld thing or am i just a typical male :lol:

ok ur telling me she wont feed them , will they eat like real small mice , how big are they wen the come out ?
cheers mick

no she wont, you will have to get them or someone will have to get them started on baby pink mice....

click clacks are small plastic tubs that the lids "click" onto....

click clacks are small plastic containers that have catches on the side that make click clack sounds. these will need ventilation holes.the rest im not too sure. i think they will shed first after a week or so then u shoud offer them pinkie mice. check out the sticky thread on liasis care and breeding. im sure there will be info there. good luck

I asked the same q on here a while ago :D dont worry...
click clacks are small containers about 30cm by 15cm (I myself have not had much experiance so these could be way out. it is just a rough idea) which you keep hatchies in as they can stress in a large tank. They need to have heating of some form at one end and a cooler end (normally a heat mat) so a temp gauge is needed. Also a few hides and some water. There are many pics on here of them so have a hunt or im sure someone will post one or two of theirs.

Usually they should be cloudy plastic not clear as this can also stress hatchies I have read... please anyone feel free to correct/add to me im just a newbie as well.
I really hope I could help.

What a wonderful suprise!

Also it looks like she(no worries about if she was properly probed hey!?) didn't shed properly and it's often suggested that if you let them soak in a warm bath it will come off but I don't know if you should take her away from the eggs... Anyone?? Maybe just check she hasn;t got a bit cutting off the circulation to her tail??
Kenz

Baca, it may be wise to get her and the eggs into a box. I'm guessing she doesnt have a hiding box else she would have laid the eggs in that.

Whats substrate is she on? Is that sand?

If i was you i would either get her off the eggs myself or wait for her to leave them to bask. When this happens i would quickly lift the eggs(making sure my fingers go right under the egg mass to avoid any dropping off from underneath) and place them in a large open-topped or hinge lidded box with a thick dry substrate(i prefer grass cuttings). She should return to them without a problem. If open-topped, this box needs to be heavy so it doesnt flip up when she climbs over the side edge when leaving/returning. . Keep the box down the cool end so there's no chances of overheating them. She will decide whether or not she wants to bask occasionally.

In doing this there is a good chance that eggs will hatch successfully. If you leave her where she is in that photo the eggs may dry out and die through lack of humidity and a sandy substrate may actually suck moisture out of the eggs. I also dont like that she laid them directly under the globe. They need to be somewhere cool and have the female working to keep them warm. Is there an enclosure underneath hers? The globe from the underneath enclosure may make the floor to her enclosure too warm, which will affect the eggs also.

Dont worry about feeding her. She can go well into next year without a feed.

As for the babies, you will have plenty of warning that they hatching. Their heads will stick out of the eggs for a day before emerging completely. Dont force them out at this time else they will probably die. They are still absorbing yolk. After a day with their heads out they will come out completely and probably head for the nearest safe place. If the cage is bare then the nearest safe place will be under the mother or in her coils. They will be snappy and there's a good chance the mother will be too. You may need to throw a towel over her while removing the babies.

I envy you mate!! I'd love a clutch of Water Python eggs right now!! Nice snakes indeed.

its some sort of cattylitter the shop sold me ?she seems to drag them around the cage , from the light to the mid section? she seems to sit there with her head up high as if trying to get cool air for long periods of time, temp is set at 28 n its 25 at water end , there is also a large peice of slate under her wat she is on, there is nothink under the cage but air, tryed to put my hand in there bout a week ogo n she went me n hist at me, didnt no they hist lol
000_0074.jpg

how about if i empty the water bowl n try get them in there , recon she will go me but

000_0076.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back