Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glacey

Reaction score
It's that time if year again.........after a couple of nice days, the snake removal calls are starting up again :D

lol , yeah spotted my first diamond for the year across the road in the national park this morning while i was walking through to go fishing-

Saw a lovely lacey a couple of weeks back and there are also lots of beardies out

Yes, I saw a death adder yesterday (well the tale and my identification is pretty lax at the best of times - but the girl i was with swears black and blue it was a deathy...). Plus today, sadly, a deceased Macleay's Water snake. Was very sad.

whenever i go out the bush i always have a look around to see if i can find any snakes but i can never ever find any i dont know wat im doin wrong

however not to long ago i came across a little whip snake that was pretty kool

whenever i go out the bush i always have a look around to see if i can find any snakes but i can never ever find any i dont know wat im doin wrong
same here

Re: RE: Snakes on the move

mitchyj said:

Are you doing something wrong or are the snakes doing something right? Afterall they have survived this long! In most cases they're hard to see in tanks at a zoo when you think they have empty tanks... So imagine in the wild!

I think I have been lucky with snake spotting in Cairns because of the climate. But I have gone out at night with torches looking for scrubbies and found them, then other nights not even found a cane toad! It all seems random! But the one thing I know, is they hear (or smell/taste) us coming long before we see them going!

I was in the lift at woolies 2 days ago and this woman was going on about this snake she has living in a hole near her porch. personally I wouldn't have been worried but for the snakes sake I told her to look up www.happyreptile.com.au and ring Brad. I didn't know if he would get it but he would atleast be able to point her n the direction of someone who did

RE: Re: RE: Snakes on the move

tru that
i see a few red bellies every now and again but its always by accident hahhahah
example: nearly stepping on them :D

Cam...

i never see any reptiles unless their captive! how boring! stupid urbanisation :p

i saw a few blueys and ewds down near georges river national park park the other day,
and if anyone is interested, i have spotted a few swap wallibies on the lagoon walk near the park.

I saw a garden skink today :D

I've recently moved to the national park so i'm hopiing to see a lot of herps out and about this summer :)

Seen a couple of Copperheads. The herps are starting to show up so all is well again, I can smell a field trip coming up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back