Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
benefits , haha its just the owners wanting something different nothing beneficial going on there :)

the thrill of playing god and making an abomination that should never naturally exist and to hopefully make $ by selling said "unique" animal

the thrill of playing god and making an abomination that should never naturally exist and to hopefully make $ by selling said "unique" animal

LOL, i find it quite funny that every time a cross breeding thread is started that there is someone who always mentions "there only in it for the money"!
i don't see how people crossing snakes are in it for the money considering they dont sell and are still frowned upon by alot of the hobby.
The only crossing that is a money maker is crossing with the morphs... Jags, Zebras, Albinos etc..., but there you are paying for the morph & not the cross, IMO.

Also to use the notion that they are in it for the money can relate to everybody who breeds, there really is no difference, your breeding to make babies, hopefully get something unique and make a little side cash... that relates to purist and breeders who cross.

Its not an unrealistic expectation to think people would want to sell hybrids as I'm sure there are plenty of people who would pay handsomely to have a one of a kind. and no this does not mean everybody is in it for the money obviously if your doing it for personal gratification your not selling so your not in it for the $; my previous comment did not say everybody ever breeding anything is only doing it for money as you so seemed to have read it.

and money aside my main beef is producing animals that are not fit for the world this is not limited to snakes things like ligers should never have been made, just because we can do something does not mean we should do it part of having the intelligence to know how to do something means we should also have the wisdom to know if its something that should be done or not.

IMO...if it doesnt happen naturally in the wild, ( diamonds and coastals cross naturally due to their northern and southern range crossing).then dont do it.

There is nothing wrong with crossing if its warranted and if the offspring will be raised and cared for, many unwanted outcomes or not to morph specs are destroyed and that's when it's wrong. I personally have crossed diamonds and mds this year because a mate wants a few for a future breeding project but next years won't cross these again but will breed my womas crossed with diamonds and coastals and mds. Can't wait for results just gotta hope woma don't try to eat the others.

I didn't think you could cross the aspidites and the morelia families as they have way different genetics.

With out the "designer" oodles how would the puppy mills make money?

That does it.... I am definately going to cross some rats and mice..... Hmmmm what shall I call the offspring? Mats? Rice?:lol:

Might try with the cat and the dog while I am at it? Dats n' cogs? sounds like gearbox parts for a datsun? :rolleyes::lol:

I didn't think you could cross the aspidites and the morelia families as they have way different genetics.
i know in other countries they have produced a ball python x woma, they call them walls, there is also ball python x carpet python which are called carpalls...

Edit: quick search & there has been woma x carpet pythons done already... they are called coma.

Google "coma python". Very interesting looking animals. Looks like an odd Carpet without the heat pits

Shouldnt a woma x ball be called a wombal? I hear they have them somewhere near wimbledon in england?:lol:

You could breed a special, extra aggressive python for mathematicians? Could call it 'pyth-agerus' (only my theory):shock::lol:

I googled coma pythons. They look very strange. I didn't think the two families would want to interbreed.

Imagine a red bellied scrubbie :shock: That would be one to give a wide berth:lol: If they have 16mm teeth now.... imagine the fangs :shock:

Or a tiger x olive :shock: yikes!

Olive x adder? Adder olive? (yes please, shaken, not stirred) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back