So slow.........dropping out.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mungus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone having the same problems on here ??
At times i cant even get around the site as it takes ages for it to regenerate.
Or..... the server is busy at the moment !
Anyone ?

yeh i just thought it was because i am in the middle of bum.... nth qld
ps just saw a mob of pigs next to where i am working

was the same for me yesterday. hopefully it will be fixed soon.

thanks guys.............just a massive pain !!
Jason !!! go get mate...........any good boars ?

I had the luxury of two computers hooked through the same modem - one would hover and not go on and the other had no issues getting on...

How is that possible????

One is Windows 7 and the other XP (the one that worked)...

Both were Firefox.

using chrome i haven't had any issues whatsoever of late, just the one where it wouldn't load and has the find us on twitter or something

I'm using XP and Firefox. Yesterday I could make and drink a cup of coffee waiting for a page to load...... I think I've figured it out, the APS server is somewhere between Outer Mongolia and Mars. All our info/requests ect have to go around the world 10 times before reaching the server.

It is a little better this morning so maybe the wild weather down south had something to do with it. Or then again maybe sunspots.....

yep same problem here yesterday, very very slow & even then most times it failed to load... better today..

same here it's been doing it for a few weeks now mostly late at night quite annoying needs to be fixed soon !!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Deano

I had that on Saturday. It was very frustrating, as I'd just written a lengthy PM, pressed Send, & it came up with a busy server message, losing the PM. I couldn't be stuffed going back to write it all over again.

I had that on Saturday. It was very frustrating, as I'd just written a lengthy PM, pressed Send, & it came up with a busy server message, losing the PM. I couldn't be stuffed going back to write it all over again.

Dont you just hate that!!!!!!! Computers sent to test us i reckon, But definatly frustrating
Site working ok for me @ mo

mmm... I think it's a problem with the bandwidth of the hosting plan aps is using... too many people cause it to crash.

mmm... I think it's a problem with the bandwidth of the hosting plan aps is using... too many people cause it to crash.

Could there be a suggestion (hinted) that we should cut out some of the dead wood?

No this isn't peoples membership that is the problem, because that handled by the database, this is more of an issue of how many people are live on the site and clicking away. This could put a strain on the websites bandwidth capabilities.

Of course, I can't give an exact cause because I'm not the administrator of the website and I don't have access to info. But if it is bandwidth, then changing how the site looks might not work because there are still heaps of large images being hosted and being bought up from the database every time people search through the threads.

Hope this helps.

No this isn't peoples membership that is the problem, because that handled by the database, this is more of an issue of how many people are live on the site and clicking away. This could put a strain on the websites bandwidth capabilities.

Of course, I can't give an exact cause because I'm not the administrator of the website and I don't have access to info. But if it is bandwidth, then changing how the site looks might not work because there are still heaps of large images being hosted and being bought up from the database every time people search through the threads.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if the number of people using APS was the problem. I had a look at the numbers on Sunday, 69 members and 135 guests. I have seen much larger numbers in the past......

The problems over the last few days were due to a database issue. I made a change last night at about 11pm, has there been any problems since?

No problems for me today... will be in touch if starts to happen again. Ta, admin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back