Sofar Annual Frog And Reptile Expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty ordinary I thought.
few spare spaces about, so not all the sellers must have turned up.
can't blame them really !!!
Would'nt go again if there all like that.

The weather wouldn't have helped with turn out. And the stalls would all have needed covering today, many probably couldn't get a tent at short notice.

Were you there little fox? We went, The mozzies were a pain, you can tell there should have been more exhibits but the weather must have scared them off.

Whooo hooo I’m back I was told half of the stall holders didn't show up - the rain of course why I didn't go

The stall holders that didn't show basically let everybody that did show down.
Especially when the public can make the effort.
Regarding tents - if your a stall holder & you know that your at a outdoor event, only a fool
would'nt have a tent or some kind of shelter organised.
1. to keep the wet weather out.
2. some relief from the heat, etc.

there were some nice snakes there especially the BHP and Bredli.

i thought it was good. shame the other stall holders didnt show. and the mozzies were a pain

but if it wasnt for that bloke doing the little reptile show it would have been very poor indeed.

will be going to the next one tho hopefully it is much better

I saw a BHP and some hatchy bredli. First one I've been to, not a lot to see.

not sure whos they were but there were also stimson's and another stall was selling black headed monitors and they looked pretty cool but my favourite was the BHP

must say i really enjoyed the australian reptile displays show (think thats whats it was )
learnt a thing or 2 myself ;)

Expo

Jo the Pres here--
Thanks guys for your kinds words after the dreadful rain and the piss poor turn out of Stall holders!

We had "Reptiles Galore" NOT turn up which was our biggest draw card for the day and they were bringing all the reptiles and they had the hide to do a no show after they said they would definitely be there-Not impressed!`

We did however luckily have Bob Whitey from "Australian Reptile Displays" who although not a well man and having various other commitments turned up HIMSELF with all his animals and did a few shows which was our saving grace otherwise we may as well have shut down for the day...Thanks a million BOB!

I'm sorry to the public who thought our show wasn't the best as we had planned for WAY MORE stalls and they also did the runner!
There loss as we had approximately 1,000 people go through anyway and the stalls that did show there cleaned up!

Our show is USUALLY the biggest in the area so please don't hold the rain against us but I do admit the mozzies carried us away!

The Black Headed Pythons both belonged to our members Brian and Warwick as did the Bredli Python.

The Black Headed Monitors and other reptiles for sale were from Bob Whitey, Warwick and Bruce.

We did have permission to sell reptiles and hopefully next year we will too so get breeding :)

We are looking for a huge hall next year to accommodate the weather so if anyone knows of a place that would take up to 3,000 people in the Newcastle/ Hunter let me know..

Our next meeting is on the Tuesday the 10th April at 65 Carrington Street, WEST WALLSEND just off the freeway at 7:30pm.

You can bring your animals along for show and tell, etc and we have interesting talks on different stuff.

Last month we had a talks on correctly identifying Inter grade Diamonds and how to fill in your fauna book properly for the new members.

We also have breeders who bring snakes, frogs and lizards for sale so its like a mini sale/ swap meet anyway.

Last meeting we had Green Tree Frogs, Various Pythons, Blotched Blue Tongues as well as some baby turtles for sale so it was all covered.

You don't have to be a member to attend- You can come along and if you like it Join- If you don't leave its that simple and its a family friendly relaxed atmosphere!

Chow for Now and THANKS AGAIN to those who supported us today especially our very hard working volunteers who without them there wouldn't be a show!
Jo
President.
SOFAR.

Sorry Jo I was all ready but with no tent I couldn't risk the enclosures getting wet - I tried to get one for as I said I really wanted to go.
Maybe neet year the PYG (Police youth center)or what ever there called has a large hall.-

Jo the Pres here--
Thanks guys for your kinds words after the dreadful rain and the piss poor turn out of Stall holders!

We had "Reptiles Galore" NOT turn up which was our biggest draw card for the day and they were bringing all the reptiles and they had the hide to do a no show after they said they would definitely be there-Not impressed!`

We did however luckily have Bob Whitey from "Australian Reptile Displays" who although not a well man and having various other commitments turned up HIMSELF with all his animals and did a few shows which was our saving grace otherwise we may as well have shut down for the day...Thanks a million BOB!

I'm sorry to the public who thought our show wasn't the best as we had planned for WAY MORE stalls and they also did the runner!
There loss as we had approximately 1,000 people go through anyway and the stalls that did show there cleaned up!

Our show is USUALLY the biggest in the area so please don't hold the rain against us but I do admit the mozzies carried us away!

The Black Headed Pythons both belonged to our members Brian and Warwick as did the Bredli Python.

The Black Headed Monitors and other reptiles for sale were from Bob Whitey, Warwick and Bruce.

We did have permission to sell reptiles and hopefully next year we will too so get breeding :)

We are looking for a huge hall next year to accommodate the weather so if anyone knows of a place that would take up to 3,000 people in the Newcastle/ Hunter let me know..

Our next meeting is on the Tuesday the 10th April at 65 Carrington Street, WEST WALLSEND just off the freeway at 7:30pm.

You can bring your animals along for show and tell, etc and we have interesting talks on different stuff.

Last month we had a talks on correctly identifying Inter grade Diamonds and how to fill in your fauna book properly for the new members.

We also have breeders who bring snakes, frogs and lizards for sale so its like a mini sale/ swap meet anyway.

Last meeting we had Green Tree Frogs, Various Pythons, Blotched Blue Tongues as well as some baby turtles for sale so it was all covered.

You don't have to be a member to attend- You can come along and if you like it Join- If you don't leave its that simple and its a family friendly relaxed atmosphere!

Chow for Now and THANKS AGAIN to those who supported us today especially our very hard working volunteers who without them there wouldn't be a show!
Jo
President.
SOFAR.

Well said.
Bob did save the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will be at the next meeting - my first time.
Thanks.

Took my little boy for a peek, and was disapointed [figured it was the rain] as I expected more. Thanks to Bob he saved the day for me and the young bloke too by keeping us entertained for a while. Legend!

very dissapointing to say the least,last year was much better.You can't expect to many animals to be on display considering most peoples reptile enclosures use power,for eg last year at the wetlands centre indoors Bob had some spectacular pythons therefor all to see.

Can anyone tell me what type of carpet python was in the large enclosure? it was fairly large and had logs and branches in the cage.

hey there Jo
i noticed you had a talk on how to correctly identify " integrades "
wasnt that just one mans opinion ?
was there any scientific evidence produced to confirm that an integrade exists...?
i wont be entering any such thing in my fauna book until i get proof that they exist at all ....and diamonds from around the newcastle are DIAMONDS , not integrades.
i just wish i wasnt working that night , as i would have had something to say.
not that my 30 years experience counts for much .
see you at the next meeting
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back