Some Gecko pics & stuff (dial up warning!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyror

Reaction score
Had the camera out this morning and got a little snap happy.

The Golden tails were bred by Saz on this site - who did a fantastic job, and was a pleasure to deal with!

The baby levis were bred by my self.

So pleased they are settling in well after their journey. Your camera is awesome! Great shots! Gotta love those levis too. Beautiful little fellas!

:0)

there so cool i would love to get some of them but no one is selling them

great pics and gexs
the golden tails look fantastic
the more i see of them the more i want to get some

Saz do you breed nothern velvet geko's? i dont know if ive asked you this before but im still looking for a breeder because i would like to buy some maybe this season (hopefully)

those plastic tubs setup is that all that is basically required for these gecko's are they/can they be kept in communities in larger cages??

Thanks for the comments guys. I am really enjoying these geckos atm. They are so animated to watch. I throw in their crix, turn off all the lights except for the red globe i have in my reptile room, and sit back to watch the action.

those plastic tubs setup is that all that is basically required for these gecko's are they/can they be kept in communities in larger cages??

These tubs will be only used while they are youngins. When they get older, i hope to move them up to larger enclosures - probably the glass terrariums made by Exo-Terra.

I love those exo terra enclosures, and those golden tails look like the perfect accompaniment. What do they go for?

yay golden and knobbed tailed pics!!! My 2 fave gecks :) Great pics, absolutely adorable little creatures, can't wait add a few to my collection soon

Great pics Pyror...esp that one about to shed .....you'll have to show me how to use a camera properly!!

Oh MAN! I wish people would stop pocting pics of gex, it just makes me want to buy some more and more!!!

They are all just fantastic, I am so jealous! :mrgreen:

Great stuff Pyror and Saz...

They are so animated to watch. I throw in their crix, turn off all the lights except for the red globe i have in my reptile room, and sit back to watch the action.

couldn't agree more... I have my nephrurus amyae in the bedroom now :roll: and we love watching them at night (with the purple night globes) chase crickets and run around etc...

my place at night kinda glows purple and has all these red, green and pulsing yellow lights... and have become somewhat nocturnal myself..

DSC00013.jpg

sweet! those nephrurus amyae are on my list with nothern velvets! i want a pair of both

Colin, can i plz ask who you got it from and how much was the lil guy?

They should cope with the heat in Darwin because they are just found a bit more south right?

Colin, can i plz ask who you got it from and how much was the lil guy?

aussiesnakelover, I got mine from a guy in western NSW (will PM you his name if you want) and I paid $300 each for my amyae m / f / f trio ($900 plus freight) that were kinda "age exactly unknown" but probably around 12months to 18months old. Bought them around November / December 2005 so only had them a few months.. hope that helps..

They should cope with the heat in Darwin because they are just found a bit more south right?
They should be ok in Darwin (Im in Sydney) provided that you keep them in an enclosure with a thermal gradient, that doesn't get too hot and have plenty of hides in all areas so they can get in a cooler spot if they want. Also I regularly spray the glass tank walls with water as they seem to prefer drinking off the glass rather than a water container (container is also present anyway)

They are mainly nocturnal and only usually active at night. I use a microclimate B1ME (for light emitting sources) thermostat that has the night and day temperature variations in conjunction with Oz purple night heat and light globes that simulate moonlight (both available from URS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back