Some people make me angry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdriftnby

Reaction score
Just a bit of back ground, I currently plod around as a home handy man, from gardening to painting. Today I was called out to clean up the rear yard of a rental property, nothing abnormal. Right up the back yard there was an old run down avery, didnt think much, did my whippersnip and mow, started to weed the gardens and got a tap on the shoulder from the tennant, he said there was 6 Blue Tongue lizards living free range in the avery dont get scared by them when I do up there, with my interest in herps I said cool as will chech it out when I get up there. Well I finally got there and stopped to have a look and all I could see was 2 blue tongue carcuses and what was once a few birds of some sort, I climbed in and started digging around under bricks and logs and found 3 more lizzard carcuses, thats 5 and I gave up very dis-heartened until something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention 1 alive Bluey. At this point the tennant had come out to see how I was going and saw me in the avery and shouted for me to get out and after I started to mention the filth he told me to leave, get off the property, I said not without the last lizard. Anyway after an hour of argueing I bought it for a huge $250 and the work I had done so far, I know not exactly market value but who puts a price on saving something.
Here are some pictures of it, anyone got an idea of sex? I have no idea with these guys.
DSCF1981.jpg

DSCF1984.jpg

DSCF1985.jpg

He did say his daughter got it as a baby from a local pet shop when she was 8 and she is now 17, he hadnt been up there in 5 months. I have reported him too.

oh how sad. glad you got him, and reported him. 250 was worth it but its a shame you couldnt have just taken it without getting done for theft. how awful :(

i hope he fixes uo okay, (i use the term he loosely, cant help you with the sex mate)

male i recon cuz of the flat sides (what i was told)

you have to be a pretty crap human being to fail at keeping bluies you shoulda whippered his face off

Hi bud i no expert but i would say female. dont worry about the cost the money is erilevent you did a very knoble thing

How mean could anyone be for when it comes to neglecting the love and care of any pet they decide to keep in their home, l hope the Eastern Blue-Tongue finds a good home to live in and sorry to hear what had happend to the other 5 Eastern Blue-Tongue Lizard's.

l do know alot about Blue-Tongue's for when it comes to sexing them, and going by the head-body-tail l would say its a female you have there.

Good on ya mate. No doubt if you hadn't been called out to their place, the poor bluey would have met the same fate as the others. You did a great thing

A female........ in great condition however...... in fact a bit fat

i would have called the local npws, or rspca then he would not have tried to sell it he would have been looking at a fine.

A female........ in great condition however...... in fact a bit fat

Its a very unsociable lizard at the moment and It does look like its in great condition but I am not sure if thats how she is because it puffs up and hisses whenever anything moves around the tank at the moment.
How do you sex a bluey?

Its a very unsociable lizard at the moment and It does look like its in great condition but I am not sure if thats how she is because it puffs up and hisses whenever anything moves around the tank at the moment.
How do you sex a bluey?

There is good condition in the tail which means it has had plenty to eat......... however food alone does not mean it has been cared for well. Males have broader shoulders & narrower guts just above the legs, bigger heads in relationship to the body & often a bit longer in the body.... subtle differences that when put together give a strong indication that is almost 100% accurate when they are that size & age.

Cheers for the information, its a pitty about the other 5 but that could be why this one is well fed, After a few days I will put her into my outside pit, I usually put the beardies out there on warm days but they can wait.
Cheers Colin

There is good condition in the tail which means it has had plenty to eat......... however food alone does not mean it has been cared for well. Males have broader shoulders & narrower guts just above the legs, bigger heads in relationship to the body & often a bit longer in the body.... subtle differences that when put together give a strong indication that is almost 100% accurate when they are that size & age.

good on u. karma will bite him in the bum and give u roses :)

Some people seem to have no idea........ self consumed....... to leave five animals to die & then just leave the carcasses ????? good luck with her she will thrive outside in your outdoor set up I am sure.

good on ya. it looks like a fatty. might be a male and ate the others in starvation. poor guy least hes in a better place now.hope he gets whats comming to him

Thanks everyone, I have had a few beers now and calmed down a bit. I just do not understand some people. Similar story years ago with my male md, he became a dad this year and has never looked back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back