Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
was checking out some adds for spotted pythons and came across this one.

not sure if a link to this site is allowed or not. but have never seen spotted hatchies look like this lol.

if anyone wants to know the site pm me.

Last edited:
since i can't put up a link here is a pic of what they are trying to sell as spotted python hatchies.

228358.jpg

from the look of that hand, maybe they are just too old to know any better?
...or just spend A LOT of time in the bath...

lol, but the funny thing is they have the pics of the parents which are 2 adult spotted pythons and them 2 pics of the hatchies which even a child can tell they aint the same species.

It's ridiculous how common it is though, saw on gumtree yesterday a diamond up for $400 and it was clearly a coastal, not sure if a scammer or just didn't know any better...

yeah its getting more common, and the sad thing is newbies will get scammed and will be writing the wrong species in their log books.

In the for sale section of this site there is a "pos het for Axanthic BHP" that has its species listed as antaresia childreni. It could be a mistake that the person made like on here, maybe they clicked the wrong file to upload.

Well, it is a python............and it has spots..................must be a spotted python.

Wait for 5 years to pass and the buyer will boast of having a 7ft spotted :) .....................................Ron

In the for sale section of this site there is a "pos het for Axanthic BHP" that has its species listed as antaresia childreni. It could be a mistake that the person made like on here, maybe they clicked the wrong file to upload.

definatly not a mistake as they have just posted the same add on another site with spotted pythons as the parents and hatchie morelia saying they are spotted pythons. lol r they serious

A while ago on that same classified site (which I can't decide whether to rename it Scumtree or Scamtree as both seem to fit), I saw a children's python that looked remarkably like a coastal python. So I emailed them pretending to be interested. It turned out she was trying to get rid of it while her boyfriend was away. It wasn't on licence and apparently he had "found" it and brought it home.

Needless to say, I didn't end up with the probably poached "children", even if it was free to a good home. You just have to shake your head at some people.

And I thought juvi Chondros went through some impressive ontogenetic changes!

Beats me why the Environment Dept in the relevant state are not all over that like a rash. They clearly did not breed it and they don’t know what it is. Licensed? DOH!

Yet they can still find the time and the manpower to give licensed keepers a hard time.

Blue

Antaresia childreni is the species that automatically comes up when you place an ad. The seller here has forgotten to change it before posting the ad.

Antaresia childreni is the species that automatically comes up when you place an ad. The seller here has forgotten to change it before posting the ad.
Yeah I figured that there was a mistake made and was highlighting that possibility of the Gumtree advertisement poster had made a mistake whilst selecting picture files but I have sine been proven wrong on that by saintanger.

Hi guys, I have this baby green tree python for sale.

5v6kop.jpg

*Disclaimer - Don't hold venomous snakes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back