south american turtles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didint mean to cause a stir, it doesnt mean im going to actually go out and get one, im much to lazy for that even if i wanted to lol.

but yeh sorry about the stir i was just really interested if people do get caught, and what the punishments were.

ive never kept any illegal imported animals and dont plan to, i just keep my south american cichlids, and was just interested if it was possible for some turtle friends thats all, and i wanted to keep it biotope with south american turtles hence why asking about them in particular.

thanks mark~

I know, fair go eh, all I wanted was some columbian cocaine to go with my columbian iguana. :lol:

I prefere the beauty of our native Reptiles. But if you stop and think they have been bred in every state in Australian for a very long time and DECC could make a hoard of monies in a licence system. Say $200 a year for corns and rat snakes with the land tortise and lizards then $250 say for larger type boas.The ones who want to keep rattlers and cobras by be a fee of $500. These would be payable every year with a keepers book being sent back but a inspection every year by a DECC officer . If they implemented something along thses lines they would find out what is out there and this would keep better control if them as they may not be carelessly released in to out bush.The monies from these licences could go towards educating people about reptiles and protection of our native animals.As well as up keep of our parks.

lol yeh, but if you buy one who's gonna get you in trouble for it, most people wont even know.

if you did get caught with one, which is highly unlikely, whats the general punishment?.

thanks mark =P

They are illegal and we do not encourage illegal activities on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back