southern angle headed dragon underweight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he ate yesterday for the first time that i have seen he ate 4 meal worms but i had to put them in his mouth and he chewed and swallowed. so happy. he has come along way.

now i need to think of a name that suits him, any ideas?

Wooohooo good to hear mate! keep us posted with his/her recovery.

p.s waterfalls are a must in my opinion. i've had angle heads that have had a waterfall and loved it and i had to take it out for a week to fix the pump and they wouldn't touch any water at all from the bowl as soon as i put the waterfall back in and turned it on, all three of em literally bolted for it at the same time for a drink!!

also keeps a good humidity level.

Wow! Congratulations they are looking so much better! I had my fingers crossed for you but I didn't think you had much of a chance, with the neglect they endured there's no need for that, as a owner it is there responsibility to take care or these animals and if they can't then they so give back to breeder or find a saint like you well before they are on border line of death.

i put a waterfall in about 6 days ago and the female bolted over for a drink. the underweight male i have seen him drink from a bowl 2 days ago. he is looking more lively everyday and gets around the enclosure more and more.

what humidity level should i keep their enclosure at?

i will take in any reptile in need, no matter what is wrong with them.

i will update pics soon. still waiting for more plants to get delivered for their enclosure but its getting there.

I got an indoor plant watering kit from bunnings and bought some little irrigation fittings so I can set up a sprayer in the hotter months. It was only $49, runs on batteries and you can set it to spray as many or few times as you want and it will mist right down to a tenth of a second. Awesome idea for keeping humidity up and temperature down. I have spagnum moss over cocopeat as substrate. It is very clean and holds the humidity well.

- - - Updated - - -

Grr, double posts

dragons 020.jpgdragons 024.jpg
male female eating

she still is underweight but at least she is eating and alot more lively

Best of luck, btw I know this is already been said but the skinny one is a male, the one with more markings is female.

yeah, i know. thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

angel h d 001.jpgangel h d 002.jpgangel h d 003.jpgangel h d 004.jpg
their enclosure, had more plants delivered today.

thanks, since i upgraded the enclosure and this one is bigger i will need to get more plants so they can hide and feel safe. but i am really happy so far with how they are both going and the enclosure.

Would love an update on these guy. How they doing an what enclosure are they in now?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back