Speaking to the Dead - amazing watch!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just watched one of the best television shows ever.

I was gutted about the closure of certain threads and decided to get some more inside (logical) information.

I'm not big on reading something that I already don't believe in, so I will either watch TV programmes or read small articles.

As no articles on this topic exist in scientific magazines, I am lead to believe that TV is the only place to see this stuff.

I've always admired Penn and Teller, and I have recently acquired the series - Penn and Teller - BullS(tuff)!

And the opening programme is on psychics who talk to the dead.

It is a little over dramatised (but no more than needs to) and they make it pretty clear that what they do isn't about scepticism, but about uncovering the truth.

They do this beautifully and tastefully (but plenty of swearing).

I guess though, people who need to watch this still won't believe in the truth that's out there. But it doesn't bother me, I just wanted to plug this awesome show!

The next in the series (won't get a chance to watch it for few days) is:

Alternative Medicines followed by Alien Abductions (can't WAIT).

Then.... There's so much more!

End of the world... Feng Shui and even Second hand smoke (interested to see that).

There are links to the videos on YouTube which you can watch, but I can't post the real name here as it is Penn and Teller Bull Excrement (but the word excrement is replaced with the more colloquial word :) )

I love this show. I've seen all eight seasons. They get better as they go on and there's more and more nudity as they progress too :p.

By the way try and get a hold of the episode on Creationism. As a science teacher you should find it quite interesting and possibly enraging

Last edited:
I love this show. I've seen all eight seasons. They get better as they go on and there's more and more nudity as they progress too :p.

By the way try and get a hold of the episode on Creationism. As a science teacher you should find it quite interesting and possibly enraging

I can't wait... But I am going to go through them one at a time :)

Iv never heard of this show!!! im going to google it now!

As im at uni atmo doing a 4yr Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture) I love to here all the different sides on what ppl think! is I have been called many interesting names since I started it (witch doc and so on) yet I find this interesting as this form of medicine has been around for thousands of years. Much longer than Western medicine. It still amazing's me that this form is still looked at as mumbo jumbo when currently there are tests being done to prove this works. Anyway looks like an interesting show! Thank you for telling us!

Iv never heard of this show!!! im going to google it now!

As im at uni atmo doing a 4yr Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture) I love to here all the different sides on what ppl think! is I have been called many interesting names since I started it (witch doc and so on) yet I find this interesting as this form of medicine has been around for thousands of years. Much longer than Western medicine. It still amazing's me that this form is still looked at as mumbo jumbo when currently there are tests being done to prove this works. Anyway looks like an interesting show! Thank you for telling us!

I'm only sorry I didn't watch this show earlier when it was first released in 2003...

I don't know if acupuncture will appear in alternative medicines - but that is right up my alley - especially cosmetic medicines!

I'm only sorry I didn't watch this show earlier when it was first released in 2003...

I don't know if acupuncture will appear in alternative medicines - but that is right up my alley - especially cosmetic medicines!

Yer it was in the 1st 3min only! I think i may of seen one before a long time ago! I have not got to the cosmetic side of things yet but I do know someone who is in that field atmo and she loves it! Id rather work with animals!!!!!!

The bottled water one is awesome, they set up a 'water menu' at a restaurant and offer people different types of water at exorbitant prices. Except all the water is hose water from out the back.

The bottled water one is awesome, they set up a 'water menu' at a restaurant and offer people different types of water at exorbitant prices. Except all the water is hose water from out the back.

Spoiler alert!!! :)

I didn't know how much I was missing out on!

They got into a lot of hot water about their immunisation episode and kind of tapered off after that.

How come? They were for immunisation

Immunisation is the biggest worry these days. People are so self righteous to believe that not immunising their children is doing any good. It's more ridiculous than being able to speak to the dead. At least there, people are being fooled because of what they want to believe in. But children (in Australia) die because others choose not to vaccinate their children.

I guess in two minds - that does lead to population control. But at the same - it's completely backward way of thinking.

Have people all seen this: Getting the Point

Immunisation is the biggest worry these days.
This is the P&T take on immunisations Penn and Teller - Vaccinations (Full Episode) - YouTube A bit to much swearing for my liking as I prefer reasoned discussion but, lets face it, far too many people are evidence immune, prefer fairy stories and superstition and need to be yelled at. I think we are primed for it at childhood with (among other things) stories of a fat guy in a red suit who comes down chimneys.

Immunisation is a huge sore point with a lot of 'crunchy' mothers. I belong to a few natural birthing groups, and did a fair bit of research into so-called attachment parenting, etc. It's ridiculous really; everyone seems to think it's either one way or the other. We immunise, but we're selective about it. All of the big, established, well-tested vaccines I'm okay with, but I'm glad I went against my doctor's advice on Gardisil.
It's like labour induction, circumsision, baby-wearing and co-sleeping. You can't mention it without having to duck and run in a lot of those groups. Personally I don't care; for me it's a private choice in any of those areas, just like my decision to birth at home, and it's whatever's best for you and your children *as long as you do the appropriate research and know the risks you are taking*.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back