Speaking to the Dead - amazing watch!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed totally with Nighthawk on this one: there are immunisations that make us stronger as a herd, and some that are just plain unnecessary (I also rejected the Gardisil vaccination.) Still, there are some whack jobs on both sides of the fence that believe that it can't be one way or the other. In the US it's a little different, given that there were something like 60 vaccinations for children under 5.

I love the episode about nutrition/childhood obesity/fast food. :lol:

60?? Blimmin' heck, that's a fair whack for a wee body to take isn't it?

I'm glad somebody agrees. One nurse in particular ranted and raved at me for being a bad mother (as I forwent the Vit K and Guthries tests at birth, my goodness; the child had been through enough that night without stabbing him with, IMO, unnecessary objects as well), not to mention she wasn't in total agreement with homebirth (you both could have died! *gasp*), because everyone knows I'm an idiot who doesn't have a backup plan :rolleyes:, and then went and physically stabbed him, very roughly, with him immuno shot.
Suffice to say my reaction had her leaving. Very quickly.

If you don't give your kid vit. k, it does not put other people's lives at risk.

I've been a huge fan of Penn and Teller ever since I was a kid and saw them do their magic on tv. Got me interested in magic at a young age, and was actually ok at a few tricks...but didn't have the time or dedication to pursue it.

Was spewing when one of my ex's went to Vegas for work and actually got to meet them.

BS is great, but the formula never really changes, and can get stale if you watch 12 of them in one sitting. I like the episode on fast food, and walmart episode is interesting too (defending sweatshops). Ah man...they're all pretty good

Penn & Tellers "fool us" is pretty awesome too.

It's probably worth your time to look into some of the books written on Houdini's life. Am amazing man, and Penn &Tellers biggest inspiration.

forwent the Vit K
Do you even know why they offer that injection? If you did you wouldn't have refused it.

If you don't give your kid vit. k, it does not put other people's lives at risk.
It does mean that the pediatric doctors and nurses may have to clean up the result of what is basically ignorance.

Someone said that Penn & Teller got into hot water over the immunisation episode.

Anyone care to elaborate?

Do you even know why they offer that injection? If you did you wouldn't have refused it.

It does mean that the pediatric doctors and nurses may have to clean up the result of what is basically ignorance.

Yes I do. It's to up vitamin K levels in infants, of which they naturally have very little. Vitamin K aids in clotting and is proven to help prevent VKDB. It can take up to a few weeks to build up naturally in their system via breastfeeding, which I do, on demand. Not to mention the chances of their having this complication were low, being vaginally born with nil intervention, the chances of their being one of the third were slim.
The idea is to give it to prevent strokes, excessive bruising, and excessive bleeding. Considering I don't plan on doing anything rougher than actually giving birth to my child for the first few weeks after they are on the outside, bar cleaning, feeding and changing them, not to mention watching them like a hawk for spontaneous bleeding, then I really don't see the need. If there's anything else I need to know about it, please, tell me. Otherwise I'm sure my kids will be fine considering they're now consecutively 5, 3 and 7 months old without much more of a complication than mild flu since birth.

Last edited:
You only had 2 months between each birth :shock:

(jokes - it's ok, I can work that out.... you must be some kind of super person, you're obviously due for another right now...)

I am also still wanting to hear the hot water P & T got into over the vaccination episode. I have found 'good' stuff... But yet to see the retaliations.

I haven't watched the episode, so don't tell me too much (yet) so I can form my own opinion.

Sorry Mr. Semantics... 5 years 3 years and 7 months lol ;)
And no, I'm not due for another. I got my husband fixed.
And yes... I am a super person. I'm a woman (rawr) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back