Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gillsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this spider, i know its not great but you might be able to tell me something.

OlymicPark28.jpg

OlymicPark30.jpg

OlymicPark32.jpg

i really dont know an awful lot about spiders. but i know in sydney funnel web spiders are very popular visitors and i know they have holes in the ground. otherwise, not sure....... maybe someone who has a more knowledgable mind might know. :D
mel

Perhaps one of those Trapdoor spiders? Resembles one

Thanks guys, no to both.

Didn't have a trapdoor, and not black enough for a funnelweb. The rangers I was with also said it wasn't either.

Thanks bredli,

Took me about 25 mins of back breaking bending over to get that shot.

I love the reflection in its eyes.

Didn't have a trapdoor,

Could have been in the process of building one. haha, nah I'm clueless with spiders. Hope someone on here can tell you.

i am still sticking with funnelweb....but, if not, could be some sort of bird eating spider.

well if it aint a funnelweb or a trapdoor i have no idea now you got me thinking hard thanks alot lol

Cool, well could be a funnelweb, the ranger didn't really get a good look at it. He took off before i got those photos.

Yay, my first funnel web.

looks like a trapdoor to me. but then I'm not that knowledgable on spiders, hope someone can positively identify it for you

Gillsy looks like you've got a wolfspider. Great gilleni food :)

its a Wolf spider,there is no webbing around the entrance as trapdoor and funnelwebs do to let them know when a prey item is near the entrance of the burrow.And some wolf spider species build trapdoors as well.

Yeah, definately a Wolf spider.Some species use a leaf or leaves even small stones spun together to make a lid for their burrow. Others don't use a lid at all.

lol, i was hoping i would b the first to say it was a wolf spider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back