Spiders~!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photos pugs and duga. I would hate to get a set of those stuck into a finger....ouch!!! Hope to be up your way soon duga, may have to get you to show me some.... :D:D:D:D

We can do that got enoug of the bloody things:)

LOL, I am sure you have. Didn't Nome have like 400 or something at one stage??

No offence to spider lovers but they do give me the creeps. Too many bites....put me in a room with brown snakes would make me feel more comfortable

Simone

Oh my...that is scary! I have serious Arachnaphobia (sp)? I even have nightmares on a regular basis about being covered in spiders...so i could never own one.

That's not a spider.....this is a spider :lol:
theraphosa_blondi_hand.jpg

My all time favourite spider, the Goliath Bird Eater, this is actually a small one as they grow to 35cm across.

Most big spiders can be very gentle and rarely if ever bite. The ones we get here are quite often aggressive and mostly can't be handled.

Aren't they supposed to be an aggressive spider Boa?

Not really, we had a big female slightly larger than that one and she was quite placid, they actually usually defend themselves by flicking urticating hairs from their abdomen rather than biting.

When measuring them Boa, do you include the legs in overall size?
Geez, they are ahuge spider anyways!!!!

This is a Chile Rose that my wife used to have, they are the absolute best spider to keep, they are never aggressive and can be handled safely by anyone.
Chile_Rose.jpg

Yes 35cm is right across the legs at the widest point, that is dinner plate size and about the weight of a small rat :lol:

dee4 said:
When measuring them Boa, do you include the legs in overall size?
Geez, they are ahuge spider anyways!!!!

We used to feed them crickets mostly and the larger ones ate small mice.

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! That's all i can say on the matter! :shock: :? :oops: :(

I've heard people say that about something...can't quite think what....it wasn't about spiders, it was ummm.....oh something else that starts with s....what was it? :?: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back