spotted childrens or stimmie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems alot calmer now i managed a feed down her

Cathy

Thats good it had a feed cathy, if it were my snake and that small, and having been mistreated before you got it, I would be offering it as many items per feed and as often as it will eat a feed...... just til it starts catching up. I know a yearling should be fed every 7 days or so, but in your little ones case, I would offer it a feed a couple of times a week for a while (maybe a few months) then go back to weekly about 15-20% of its body weight. Also, rather than pinkies, try to get it to est as big a food item as it can handle..... pinkies are like milk packages with not a great deal of substance, where a yearling should be eating more develloped prey, so maybe small adult mice instead of fuzzie rats for example.

Just my own opinion.;)

Thats good it had a feed cathy, if it were my snake and that small, and having been mistreated before you got it, I would be offering it as many items per feed and as often as it will eat a feed...... just til it starts catching up. I know a yearling should be fed every 7 days or so, but in your little ones case, I would offer it a feed a couple of times a week for a while (maybe a few months) then go back to weekly about 15-20% of its body weight. Also, rather than pinkies, try to get it to est as big a food item as it can handle..... pinkies are like milk packages with not a great deal of substance, where a yearling should be eating more develloped prey, so maybe small adult mice instead of fuzzie rats for example.

Just my own opinion.;)

ill let you try to feed it that lol its head is the size of a piece corn or a bit bigger ill take a photo of its head next to some corn lol

Cathy

wow, it is really that small :shock: so hard to believe for a year old mac?

Anyway, still feed it as often as it will take it, and my point is that a small 2-3 week old mouse (if it can fit it) would prolly be more suitable than a day old pinkie rat or same size but younger fuzzy mouse.... a little more substance. I have noticed I have mice that are small for thier age, (born the same day as others, but these are noticeably tiny).... if you can find someone with mice that has some small older mice, would be good. Like I say, all my own opinion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back