spotted hatchie feeding probs.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglebenn

Not so new Member
Reaction score
howdy all.. I just purchased a spotted python hatchie born only on 2 jan 2013.. she/he wont feed.. the seller stated she has fed and all is well.. she looks healthy but just wont take the pinkie. ive tried poking into the brain to allow a bit of juice to run but still nothing.. ive heard of using a skinks tail in the pinkies mouth can help. is there any other suggestion that don't involve hurting other animals? and also how long can a hatchie go for without a feed? I have 4 other snakes but none as fussy as this.. since im asking questions; any suggestions as to how I can get my 1.5 year old coastal to feed on something other then quail.. ive waited her out for 3 months b4 I caved in and gave her a quail.. thank u all for ur help

Have you left the pinkie in the enclosure overnight to see if he/she will take while you aren't around? other than that I can't help you.

yeah I gave that a go.. just pushed it aside or moved straight over it.. everytime I attempt to feed she seems enthusiastic.. flicking the tounge arching and following the pinkie but just wont take it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back